Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
Agogo Presbyterian College of Education, formerly Agogo Women’s Training College, which is one of the oldest Teacher Training Colleges in Ghana, was established by the Basel Missionaries in 1931. residence of the missionaries At the 1928 Synod of the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast, the Basel Mission was requested to establish a girls’ school in Ashanti. The request was in direct response to the Divine Commission to the Church to which the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast belonged; go forth therefore and make all nations my disciples-and teach them; (Matt. 28: 19 – 20).
The Council of the Agogo Presbyterian College of Education announces for the academic community and the general public of vacancies available for the executive position for the college. Appointments shall be made by the college council upon the recommendations of a search committee and in accordance with the Harmonized Statutes for Colleges of Education and on such terms and conditions, as Council shall determine. The officer should be able to serve their FULL-TERM of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60)
Job Title: College Finance Officer
• The Finance Officer’s position is a top management position heading a major division of the College. He/she shall be the Chief Accounting Officer of the College and the Chief Financial Advisor to the Principal;
• Has general responsibility for the administration of the financial affairs of the college that will ensure its financial health and shall exercises direct superintendence over all accounting officers;
• Responsible for collecting all legitimate revenue due to the College;
• Exercises control over expenditure in line with the college’s budgets;
• Has the duty of preparing the annual budget of the college for to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation;
• Ensuring that the financial statements of the college are drawn up in accordance with the law establishing the college, the Statutes, applicable accounting standards and all other regulations approved
• by the college as well as all other relevant national laws; and liaises with auditors to get the college’s financial statements audited.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a good first degree or comparable qualification plus a professional qualification or a master’s degree in Finance would be appropriate.
• Should have served as a Deputy Finance Officer in a college of education or comparable grade in a similar institution for at least four (4) years
In addition, applicant must:
• Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently;
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
• Be a good team player;
• Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software;
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and possess proactive commercial flair.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for College Finance Officer, to reach the addresses below, not later than Tuesday, January 10,2017
THE SEARCH COMMITTEE
AGOGO PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
POST OFFICE BOX 26
A GOGO, ASANTE AKYEM NORTH
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 10 January, 2017