Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States,Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work,and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Operations Engineer
Responsibilities & Duties
- Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and ensure relevant Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations are in full force at the work place.
- Advise Technical Services Engineers on operational strategy.
- Assist with operational strategy and short term planning as well as tracking of development rates.
- Set operational targets for VDT and Visual Boards and raise AFE’s for Underground Department.
- Conduct regular and frequent inspections of operations / equipment / processes to ensure planned production goals are being met, and regulatory / permit compliance
- Assist the UG Operations Manager in determining staffing levels and personnel requirements for Underground department.
- Assist with major blast timing and haulage fleet optimization.
- Prepare and lead weekly projects meeting and mange Jumbo drill roster.
- Assist Underground Operations Manager and Mine Superintendents in various tasks such as Forecasting / SBP / Budgeting, UG Light Vehicle Management and formulate training strategies in consultation with the Training and development team for UG Staff.
- Manage idea pipeline for underground operations and prepare miscellaneous fabrication designs to assist operations.
- Ensure that all members of the mining teams have clear understanding and direction of Project objectives by leading and controlling the coordination of regular planning meetings, ensuring deliverables are accurately recorded and distributed.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the Company’s policies.
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc. in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Holder of Underground shift boss certificate of competency from the Minerals Commission of Ghana
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in an underground mining environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office Suite.
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills.
- Ability to drive underground is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 30th November, 2018. Chiranohr.recruitme[email protected] Or
The Human Resources & C/PR Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.