Posted on :
29 Apr, 2019
29 Apr, 2019
Responsible to lead the development and continuous improvement of MODEC’s Reliability Philosophy aiming to ensure equipment integrity and Production capability throughout the entire assets’ lifecycle.
Job Title: Reliability Specialist Engineer
– Provide Operational Reliability leadership (culture and active coaching) and direction to the Company;
Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems;
– Actively participate of all phases of Projects –BID, Detailing Design, Commissioning, Operations and Maintenance, ensuring the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations;
– Provide technical and functional reliability support across the business, responding to technical queries and developing recommendations/solutions;
– Track the production losses and abnormally high maintenance costs and develop plans to eliminate these losses through systematic approach and methodology;
– Perform systematic compilation and review of failure data to drive improvements;
– Ability to provide technical support of RCA’s and investigations as required;
– Be familiar with key predictive maintenance techniques, using them to continually improve MODEC’s reliability philosophy.
– Elaborate technical description for contracting services or purchasing material / facilities related to maintenance and reliability activities;
– Support the HR department in technical interviews for positions related to mechanical maintenance (maintenance technician, mechanic leader and maintenance superintendent);
– Assess the Critical systems and equipment real condition (identify Bad Actors);
– Supervise predictive maintenance tasks (lubricant oil analysis, vibration readings, electrical and mechanical thermography) in the main equipment such as transformers, gas and steam turbines, gas compressors (centrifugal, screw and reciprocating), water injection pumps, pumps in general, diesel engines, gearboxes, etc.;
– Determine the P-F interval and predictive techniques;
– Define and apply techniques to improve equipment availability and reliability.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with minimum three years’ experience in a Reliability Engineering position preferably in the O&G Industry, working in the Maintenance or Engineering areas;
Strong analytical skills and thinking in the application of maintenance management principles, techniques and standards, with knowledge of statistical procedures;
Solid knowledge on the application of typical Reliability tools and international related standards, like:
• RCM – Reliability Centered Maintenance;
• RCDA – Reliability Centered Design Analysis;
• FMECA – Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis;
Knowledge of the principles and application of condition monitoring;
Fluent in English
Onshore position with the possibility to go offshore as per demand.
– 4 to 5 rotations of 28 days working and 14 days off.
– Onshore main work: 6 days a week – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 12pm on Saturday.
– Offshore embarkations required and mandatory.
– Uplift for Ghana while in Ghana
To come to Ghana and work on and offshore, the professional will need:
– Yellow fever vaccination certificate;
– OG UK Medical Certificate.