Posted on :
21 Jul, 2016
21 Jul, 2016
T-TEL works to ensure CoEs can produce better trained teachers. Teachers will be prepared and motivated for a career dedicated to improving young minds.
In achieving this, we are addressing issues throughout the sector by improving the management of CoEs, expanding teacher training methods, promoting gender equality and establishing mechanisms to drive continued development and review for teacher training.
Job Title: Zonal Coordinators
The responsibilities of the T-TEL Zonal Coordinator are proposed as:
• Monitor the implementation of Challenge Fund grant projects implemented by the lead colleges in the zone, in accordance with the
• M&E frameworks agreed with CoE and the Fund Management Team based in Accra
• Coordinate support to the Colleges of Education, if and when required, to implement the Challenge Fund projects. This includes liaison with TLA, SPA and CIA as T-TEL’s technical experts at the zonal level.
• Monitor the delivery and quality of financial management reports provided by CoE that lead grant partnerships, in accordance with T-TEL Fund manual and procedures.
• Monitor the delivery and quality of M&E reports provided by CoE that lead grant partnerships
• Liaise with and form strong partnerships with partners and stakeholders in the zone.
• Work with T-TEL Zonal staff to coordinate the work plans of CIAs, SPAs and TLAs in the zone to support coherence in activities with CoE
• Provide monthly and quarterly reports of Zonal Office activities in formats required by T-TEL Operational Procedures and Grant Awards, and by deadlines set
• Deliver monthly financial site returns to Accra Finance Team on time, and according to procedures.
• Extent of authority
• Reports to National Programme Manager
Special relationships and contacts
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with all programme staff, coaches and the Colleges of Education.
• Fluency in English and any Ghanaian language
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge, Essential Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
• Degree in educational administration and planning, teacher education or other relevant field
• Experience of coordinating teams in the context of donor-funded development programmes
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans
• Experience of monitoring performance and results an advantage, and willingness to learn to monitor performance essential.
• Knowledge and experience of the education sector in Ghana an advantage
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT skills are essential (including documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, calendar, Android tablets / phones).
Location: Aburi, Kumasi, Hohoe, Takoradi and Tamale
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicant should apply below
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 22 July, 2016