Posted on :
8 Feb, 2017
8 Feb, 2017
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with relevant qualification/s and experience to occupy the under-listed position/s in the organisation. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the under served and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Fleet Officer
Length of contract: Two (2) year contract
• The Fleet Officer will play the lead role in the professional operations of MSIG fleet of vehicles and in the management, training and coordination of MSIG drivers. The Fleet Officer will work with all MSIG drivers or assigned drivers and their supervisors in the delivery of his/her job. The Fleet Officer will report to the Facilities & Fleet Manager.
• Maintain up-to-date records of registration, inspections, transfer and maintenance of all MSIG vehicles.
• Maintain knowledge and statistics of fleet utilisation: fuel consumption, kilometric coverage, maintenance etc. for management decisions.
• Perform vehicle registration, insurance and roadworthiness formalities and systematically file up all documentations.
• Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance and cleaning of all vehicles and implement operational standards.
• Monitor and ensure fleet operation is in compliance with national and ECOWAS rules and regulations
• Ensure vehicle availability to meet all projects’/operational vehicle requests by planning, scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends.
• Streamline and monitor fuel purchase and allocation system for all vehicles and drivers
• Review vehicle logbooks, fuel log sheets and vehicle tracking system to reconcile fuel usage and mileage covered.
• Any other duties that may come up
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of HND Diploma in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering.
• A degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering will be an advantage.
• Other professional qualifications, ideally in fleet management or related field.
The candidate must have:
• At least three (3) years of fleet management experience, preferably in non- governmental or private sector organisation.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, as well as vendors.
• Strong IT skills and ability to analyse and interpret fleet data
• Experience in managing a team of drivers and motivating them to perform.
• Knowledge of clinical health and community-based work will be an advantage.
• Team player, self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Pro-choice and pro-family planning.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How to Apply
These are local positions. Interested non-Ghanaians must, therefore, have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
Please label application and email with the exact job title and location if indicated.
Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications addressed to:
Human Resource, Organisation and Admin
Marie Stopes Int Ghana