Posted on :
19 Jan, 2017
19 Jan, 2017
The Private Enterprise Federation (PEF), a non-profit and non-political organization established in 1994 to support the development and growth of private sector businesses in Ghana is seeking to engage the services of experts in the above role undertake specific assignments per the details below, under a grant from Africa Lead, A USAID Contractor:
The overall goal of the support is to strengthen the organizational, human and financial resource capacities of PEF to enable it deliver on its mandate.
Job Title: Human Resource Consultant
The specific timeline for each deliverable and reporting template will be documented following briefing meetings with PEF. The broad deliverable include;
• An inception report, not more than 10 pages, containing the consultants’ proposed road map with timelines of the assignment;
• Develop a comprehensive HR manual for PEF
• Produce up-to-date job descriptions for current staff and potential staff based upon the Federation’s Business Plan
• Produce a personnel handbook that clearly outlines employee performance management, compensation/incentive system
• Develop for implementation HR planning strategies with consideration on immediate and long-term staff requirements
• Develop a system to assess training needs of staff and also provide induction for new staff
• Undertake any other assignment relevant to the sustainable operations of the Federation and its members.
Period of Performance: March – May 2017
Estimated LOE: 2 months
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in human resource management, organizational development or a related field is required.
• Minimum of five years’ experience working with local for profit organizations, multilateral or bilateral international development organizations, non-governmental organizations, and/or private sector institutions is required.
• Thorough knowledge of Labor Laws of Ghana required with knowledge of ILO requirements an added advantage
• Familiarity with PEF, its member organizations and other domestic and regional APEX Private Sector bodies is desirable
• Experience working with USG-funded or other cooperating partner agencies is preferred.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and environment, and meet strict deadlines.
• Experience in report writing and editing of human resources development proposal and reports necessary
• Experience in conducting interviews and analyzing survey results.
How to Apply
Interested Consultants can apply by submitting sealed applications and CVs with fee expectations addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and delivered or posted to the following addresses.
Private Enterprise Federation Bungalow
number 7 Prempeh II Street,
GIMPA Campus, Greenhill
Private Enterprise Federation
P. O. Box CT 1671
For further enquiries contact the Federation through 0302-974983.
Closing Date: 31 January, 2017
NB: Only short-listed Applicants will be contacted.