PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised $10 million and has 200 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Finance Manager
PEG has grown from 12 employees in Ghana, to 200+ employees across Ghana and Ivory Coast in the last two years. In addition to this, we have 200+ commission based sales agents, 31+ service centers in Ghana, and over a dozen investors and grantors. The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations for the financial control unit within our fast growing company.
- Working with the Financial Controller to establish, implement and improve processes and advise our teams on the optimal financial structure to serve our customers.
- Improve accuracy and utility of financial information.
- Coordinate with various teams working on process improvements, with a goal of improving first-time data quality.
- Ensure finance project roll-outs have excellent communication, clear procedures, proper training, and easy-to-follow desktop instructions.
- Implement, Monitor and follow-up on KPIs that allow us to measure and improve Financial Reporting, Compliance, Finance Operations, and Internal Controls.
- Ensure Effective Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Develop and implement policies related to financial reporting and compliance.
- Review and analyze financial information, and support/review the final preparation of consolidated financial statements and the accompanying notes, as well as other information required for lenders, donors, and other external parties.
- Working with the Controller, evaluate the treatment of new or changing items and ensure proper presentation and disclosure under IFRS.
The successful candidate must have:
- BSc. in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or any related field, and/or a Chartered Accountant.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in financial accounting.
- Experience working extensively with government authorities e.g. GRA
- Ability to develop and implement policies related to financial reporting and compliance
- Strong excel background
- 3 years experience working in a managerial role is a plus
- Good interpersonal relationship skills, and a strong communicator