REDAVIA is a for-profit social enterprise which designs, manufactures, finances and deploys rental solar farms at businesses and communities in East and West Africa.
For businesses, REDAVIA’s rental solar farms reduce costs and carbon emissions, and for communities, REDAVIA provides clean energy access to households, enabling local wealth creation and development.
REDAVIA is headquartered in downtown Munich, with solar farms deployed in Tanzania and Ghana.
Job Title: Application Engineer
REDAVIA is breaking new ground by:
● Leading the way toward subsidy-independent applications for solar energy
● Offering customers a more cost-effective, clean and convenient energy alternative
● Offering emerging markets a market-based pathway to sustainable development, particularly in rural areas
REDAVIA has been recognized by several high-profile partner organizations:
● Received the 2016 Frost and Sullivan Company of the Year Award
● Nominated for the Bloomberg New Energy Finance 2015 Energy Pioneer Award
● Participant in the Climate Day at the 2014 Davos World Economic Forum
● Selected by the United Nations (UNFCCC) as a 2013 Lighthouse Activity
For more information, visit www.redaviasolar.com.
REDAVIA is hiring an Electrical Engineer to support company’s growing rental solar business in Ghana.
The Application Engineer, based in Accra, would be responsible for:
Future site circle – Sales
- Participate in client meetings to convey REDAVIA technical credibility and competence
- Elicit project requirements by interfacing with customer, understanding design documentation including SLDs and physical site layouts
- Complete site technical visits to confirm local context and technical interfaces
- Provide design and specification development outputs to the sales team
- Assist in importation process and other commercial activities of REDAVIA in Ghana such as customs clearance, license acquisition, etc.
- Develop project budget for non-standard equipment or non-standard sites
New site circle – Mobilization
- Assist or develop front-end and detailed engineering (electrical/controls) for new sites
- Support management of mobilization contractor during site installation
- Cooperate during site commissioning
- Perform technical training for installation/commissioning team in technical aspects of the REDAVIA standard systems
Other Possible/Additional Activities
- Cooperate in identifying and developing solutions to address market/clients’ need
- Ensure product and installations comply with defined standards
- Use experience gained from customer support to influence the definition of new products
- Implement safety, environmental and quality standards in REDAVIA solutions/products
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated experience with electrical engineering of on-site industrial power generation systems, including diesel generators, solar-diesel-hybrid controllers, MV transformers, and MV switchgear (DC-side solar PV experience a plus, but not required)
- Track record of sales engineering, including at least 5 successful power system sales and delivery cycles
- Proven track record of success in working in remote areas of developing countries, ideally in Africa
- Safety first: Consistently applies REDAVIA’s Health, Safety, Social Impact and Environmental Impact guidelines
- Engineering detail: Rigorously applies engineering discipline to all outputs, ensuring smooth deployment, commissioning, and operation of solar equipment
- Sales: Enjoys solar farm power rental deals getting done quickly and delivered successfully. Understands the sales process and the role of the Application Engineer in closing deals.
- Output driven: Enjoys delivering engineering outputs to short timelines and high-quality standards consistently
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Fluent English speaker. French and/or German knowledge useful
- Affinity with renewable energy
- Ghanaian nationals are welcome to apply
What we offer:
REDAVIA is revolutionizing the energy supply for emerging and frontier markets, creating unparalleled environmental and development impact at scale. We offer the Application Engineer the opportunity to make a difference in a professional, non-hierarchical and friendly work environment: Work that matters in an enjoyable team.
How to Apply
If you are eager to take this opportunity to put a dent in the universe, please send us your resume and a short introductory email (in English) to [email protected] We hope to hear from you!