The Regional Advisory Information and Network Systems (RAINS) is a Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. RAINS works to improve the quality of life particularly for the Children, Youth, Women and Girls. Over the years we have contributed to ensuring that more children especially girls and young people in Northern Ghana have had access to education and employable skills and protected from exploitation.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
RAINS is seeking self-motivated individuals to join our team to implement its component of a consortium project titled ‘Pathways for Sustainable Employment’ (PASEWAY) led by Plan International Ghana and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project will provide innovative and job readiness skills necessary to create employment opportunities for youth (15-35 years) in the construction sector.
- Project Coordinator
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Employment Status: Full Time Position/3 years
- Location: Tamale
Summary of Position
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the management and implementation of the project in accordance with the agreements with partners and donors. She or He will provide leadership and technical direction to the project team by coordinating, directing, organizing project activities.
- Be responsible for coordination and planning of project activities. She/He will ensure that the project activities are coherent and well coordinated, including reporting and the supervision of other team members.
- Ensure proper use of project equipment and office records and any other documentation by project team members.
- Facilitate the work planning and management of the Project
- Ensure that project results are achieved and reported on through the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system.
- Ensure that the PASEWAY project delivers high quality programming that is compliant with best practice as outlined in the PASEWAY project proposal, RAINS and relevant Ghana Government guidelines and policies.
- Ensure that training programmes are developed and implemented for target youth in Construction sector in collaboration with Business Advisory Centres (National Board for Small Scale Industries), MMDAs, Construction Sector Associations among others.
- Lead the development of quarterly, half-yearly and annual work plans and reports to project stakeholders
- Oversee and monitor workplans/budgets for all project activities
- Ensure gender mainstreaming within project activities and deliverables
- Ensure the setting up and maintenance of a database of Project Coaches, Trainers and Beneficiaries
- Collaborate with partners, donor and stakeholder representatives to build and maintain productive relationships.
- Forge links with similar programmes and networks
- Ensure the development and management of critical risk factors of the project
- Support to conduct regular Project stakeholder meetings
- Represent the project externally and will make contact with other organisations and government institutions.
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in a relevant field (including Social Science, Environmental Sustainability, Educational Studies, Building Technology etc) and at least 5 years of relevant experience in livelihood programming, youth entrepreneurship etc
- Strong knowledge of the construction sector and the situation of t Youth in Ghana
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, coordinating, managing and implementing donor-funded projects and familiarity with BMZ, Germany guidelines and requirements will be an advantage.
- Experience in policy analysis and rights based programming
- Experience in TVET education policies and development at regional and national levels
- Experience in collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders at the government, private sector and community level,
- Significant technical experience in youth empowerment, entrepreneurship or other relevant fields strongly desired.
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills.
- Excellent coordination and representation skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database etc
- Promotes learning to influence high performance by PASEWAY staff and collaborators.
- A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creates a strong sense of purpose within the portfolio and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Sound judgment and decision-making in complex situations.
- Teamwork player.
- Works well under pressure.
How to Apply
- For details of job descriptions of positions, interested applicants should send their request to: [email protected]
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (not more than three pages) with a cover letter (not more than one page), copies of relevant educational certificates and copy of national service completion certificate. The application should include two referees with the position applied for referenced in the subject. Applications, addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to: [email protected]
- Closing Date: 24th January 2020
- RAINS is an equal opportunities employer and commits to safeguarding children and vulnerable people.
- Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted
- Females are encouraged to apply.