The Regional Advisory Information and Network Systems (RAINS) is a Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. RAINS works to improve the quality of life particularly for the Children, Youth, Women and Girls. Over the years we have contributed to ensuring that more children especially girls and young people in Northern Ghana have had access to education and employable skills and protected from exploitation.
Job Title: Field Officer
RAINS is seeking self-motivated individuals to join our team to implement its component of a consortium project titled ‘Pathways for Sustainable Employment’ (PASEWAY) led by Plan International Ghana and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project will provide innovative and job readiness skills necessary to create employment opportunities for youth (15-35 years) in the construction sector.
- Position Title: Field Officer
- Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Employment Status: Full-Time Position/3 years
- Location: Tamale
Summary of Position
The Field Officer will primarily be responsible for mobilising communities level stakeholders and youth to participate in the project and further monitor and gather social climate information that is important for strengthening the project deliverables.
- Be responsible for planning and implementing project activities at project locations.
- Undertake mobilization and screening events in the project location and communities to recruit project beneficiaries and volunteers.
- Lead the roll-out of the various components of project implementation activities
- Develop monthly work plan and submit weekly and monthly progress reports and updates to the Project Coordinator
- Participate in workshops, training, and other technical support for project partners
- Undertake monitoring of the implementation of the Training and mentoring sessions by the Trainers and Coaches
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder and community contacts relevant for the project
- Plan all logistics and review training plans with trainers before the delivery of soft skills training
- She/He will support the organisation of community-based activities and mobilise the members of the community to engage with these activities.
- She/He will mobilise potential project beneficiaries in the relevant neighbourhoods for further examination and draw up beneficiary profiles and will submit reports to the Project Coordinator.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Building or Construction Technology or another relevant academic background with at least 3 years of experience in similar roles or Diploma in similar educational fields with 5 years experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in promoting entrepreneurship and development of youth
- Knowledge of the construction sector of Ghana and Youth issues
- Experience in mobilizing youth
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of youth
- Work experience in a non-governmental organization
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word-processing, spreadsheet, database etc.
- Ability to ride motor-bike
- Possess Good communications and negotiation skills;
- Be a team player
- Experience in mobilising young people highly desired
- Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines
How to Apply
- For details of job descriptions of positions, interested applicants should send their request to: [email protected]
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (not more than three pages) with a cover letter (not more than one page), copies of relevant educational certificates and copy of national service completion certificate. The application should include two referees with the position applied for referenced in the subject. Applications, addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to: [email protected]
- Closing Date: 24th January 2020
- RAINS is an equal opportunities employer and commits to safeguarding children and vulnerable people.
- Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted
- Females are encouraged to apply.