Posted on :
13 Aug, 2018
13 Aug, 2018
The Regional Advisory Information and Network Systems (RAINS) is a Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. Over the years we have contributed to ensuring that more children especially girls and young people in Northern Ghana have had access to education and employable skills and protected from exploitation.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual, who is committed to the development of deprived groups to join our team as an Accounts Officer (AC). The post will be based in Tamale, Northern Region.
Position Title: Accounts Officer
Reports to: Financial Controller
Employment Status: Full-Time Position
Summary of Position:
The Accounts Officer will be responsible primarily for the budgetary control and management of the finances of the Community Action and Support for Education (CASE) project, funded by UKAID to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources in line with the financial management policies and procedures.
• Preparing financial reports, including balance sheet, cash flows, annual budget execution reports, quarterly financial statements for the programme and operational budgets
• Ensure compliance with RAINS and financial regulations and procedures of partners
• Review all spending request and ensure required documentation are available and appropriately approved in line with approved budgets
• Support for monitoring and controlling of expenditure within the approved budgets
• Develop a process to facilitate monthly forecasting and reporting.
• Support Programme staff in the development of funding proposals.
• Maintaining a financial database to ensure accurate financials can be produced.
• Providing strategic support to the Financial Controller of RAINS on all financial management and related issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelors degree in Accounting or Commerce
• HND in Accountancy
• CA (Ghana) or ACCA part 2
• At least two years previous work experience in a similar position.
Abilities Interpersonal Skills:
• Have practical knowledge of computer systems, including the various Microsoft Office applications.
• Have working knowledge of Accounting Soft wares e.g Quickbooks, Tally etc
• Possess excellent communications and negotiation skills;
• Experience in accounting for or assisting with the management of project grants /restricted funding from a range of donors including DFID
• Be a team player
• Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines
Location: Tamale, Northern Region
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae with a cover letter. The application should include two referees. Applications addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to [email protected]
Closing Date: 18 August 2018
Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Females are encouraged to apply.