Posted on :
18 May, 2012
Careers in Ghana (CIG) offer exceptional Recruitment Consulting & Talent Search services to a wide range of clients, Careers in Ghana also provide the ideal platforms and tailored solutions for professionals seeking employment opportunities with the leading companies operating within Ghana and Africa. We are recruiting for one of our clients
Job Title: Regional Supply Chain Manager
• Be responsible for the Supply Chain operations and performance in the region
• Manage and further develop the SC organization in the region
• Establish and review Performance Contracts for SC personnel in the region
• Establish Development plans for SC personnel in coordination with relevant function
• Review and decide on salary and benefits in liaison with local HR
• Recruitment of SC personnel according to agreed Organization Chart
• Provide the suitable platform by liaison with the Local HR and Procurement in order for SC personnel to execute tasks according to functional process description
• Make HR Resource planning for SC
• Assure IT support in liaison with local IT
• Assure appropriate procurement is defined and warranted
• Logistics – negotiate contracts with primary freight carriers and local courier companies in the markets through coordination with Global Logistics Director.
• Supply Planning – cut lead-times and increase flexibility in end-to-end supply chain.
• Inventory – improve and control inventory levels with the aim of reducing working capital as well as obsolescence.
• Distribution – support markets in developing the local distribution strategy.
• Ordering & Planning – improve and monitor process with the aim to the improve inventory management and secure ordering in line with product forecasts.
• Capacity Planning – secure capacity in Central Warehouses as well as warehouses and bay-lines in Immediate Service Centres to cope with volumes expected as per the 5 year plan.
• Infrastructure – review and secure that infrastructure in markets is in line with Global Standards.
• Efficiency – monitor, improve, and optimise cost of deliveries, stock accuracy, and head-count (warehouse staff & customer service staff).
• Team – lead, train and develop country management teams to establish World Class Supply chain management across the region.
• Special Projects – support Global Supply with selected projects as well as support with new market entries.
As a successful candidate you will have:
• University degree in relevant subject
• Professional qualification on Supply Chain is preferable
• 15 years of relevant work experience, at least 5 years’ experience on regional responsibility
• Ability to organize and manage a supply chain personnel
• Knowledge of entire Supply Chain function (including customer requirements)
• Knowledge of processes, standards and procedures
• Strong hands-on working experience of Logistics countries
• Excellent people management
• Good forward planning skills
• Good spoken and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
• Good negotiation skills