Posted on :
2 Feb, 2017
2 Feb, 2017
Relief Alliance is a non-governmental organization with a primary focus of promoting development through partner, donor and community engagement. We work to transform lives today and help enact lasting solutions to improve the well-being of children, families and communities. Relief Alliance support and implements activities that impact positively on people particularly children and women through health promotion, improved education, advocacy for change and livelihood empowerment.
Job Title: Project Consultants
JOB CATEGORY: Proposal Development and Resource Mobilization
SPECIAL AREAS: (Maternal & Child Health, HIV/AIDS, SHR, Food Security & Nutrition, Sanitation, Literacy, Livelihood Empowerment, Child Protection & Gender)
Experienced and focused program consultants with specialties in areas specified above are needed to provide support to RA operations. Successful consultants will be required to work with RA technical team in developing projects, write and submit high quality fundraising proposals and secure funding for implementation.
NB: Further note that this process will also be used as a prequalification for consultants who would want to work permanent program consultant for the organization. (Benefits and salaries are subject to availability of funds)
• In consultation with the RA operational team; write, submit and promote concept notes and proposals to relevant funding institutions and win funding for implementation.
• To work with the Program Director and technical team to develop projects and organizational strategy.
• Coordinate with the technical team to design projects that fulfill local need and sit within the vision, mission and objectives of RA.
• Identify and assess potential fundraising opportunities for RA amongst institutional donors, trusts and foundations to diversify and increase revenue streams.
• Support the Program Director in overseeing and ensuring sound management of all grants.
Qualification Required & Experience
• MUST give evidence of successful project(s) funded through his/her initiative.
• MSc/MA in Development Studies, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences or Technical (Public Health, Education)
• First Degree preferably in Development Studies, Public Health, Social Science, Economics, Business Administration or International Relations.
• Minimum of 3 year’s experience in project design & putting together successful funding proposals for multi or bilateral donors such as Global FUND, UKAID/ DFID, USAID, UNICEF, SIDA, DANIDA, SIMAVI, WHO, UNFPA, ADRA, GAC, FHI, OFDA, UNDP, UNICEF, UNDP, EU, CIDA, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills
• Excellent with the ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations to achieve fundraising targets.
How to Apply For the Job
Remuneration: Payment to the consultant to be agreed at concept writing stage.
All interested applicants should send in their applications, CVs and relevant documents to:
Closing Date: 28 February, 2017