- Advisory Services
- Support clients/group of clients in developing and implementing successful Renewable Energy dissemination programmes and projects;
- Support the operationalization of SNV Ghana strategy for Renewable Energy and translate it into continued support activities to a wide range of actors;
- Provide client focused quality capacity building advisory services to clients, partners and Local Capacity Builders (LCBs);
- Initiate and contributes to national activities within his/her field of expertise;
- Support mainstreaming governance for empowerment, gender equity and social inclusion in the Renewable Energy sector.
- Learning & Teamwork
- Contribute to sharing and learning among Renewable energy team: best practices, methods, tools, case-studies, etc.;
- Give input for the up-scaling of the team activities;
- Provide on-the-job support, coaching, technical backstopping and guidance to SNV advisors across all portfolios and LCBs on the above mentioned issues;
- Document results, including the process followed and the support supplied by SNV;
- Contribute to promote external knowledge alliances with high level knowledge institutes and share the publication of SNV-knowledge to external public;
- Contribute to product development: transform current advisory practice in marketable products and services and develop new relevant and meaningful products.
- Positioning/networking/resource mobilization
- Provide input for decision making in Renewable Energy practice area;
- Actively explore new markets – opportunities for resource mobilization – product – client combinations;
- Contribute to build strategic alliances and partnerships which leads to creating income and employment opportunities;
- Support and promote collaboration between stakeholders in the sector especially at national level. Actively engage with stakeholders to further increase the priority of the sector on government’s and donor’s agendas;
- Contribute to external resource mobilization and business development: identify opportunities and contribute to the formulation of project ideas and program proposals for SNV and clients;
- Represent SNV and its interests effectively in national, regional and local level forums as appropriate.
- Knowledge management / development
- Ensure proper documentation of activities and achievements;
- Ensure that best practices are systematized, documented and if possible published;
- Contribute to knowledge networks/partnerships nationally within his/her field of expertise.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in management of Renewable energy, with focus to: Finance in renewable energy, Business Analyst, Investments.
- Academic level of working and thinking in SNV related themes.
- Minimum of five years of working in business development preferably in Renewable energy context;
- Proven track record in capacity building, process facilitation and resource mobilization;
- Experience in micro and medium size enterprise development and insight into problems and constraints in stimulating partnerships;
- Ability and experience in analysing the socio- economic and political context of renewable energy;
- Experience in networking, alliances building, and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes, product development, organisational learning, institutional change processes, and project proposal formulation.
- Good knowledge of the renewable sector in Ghana;
- Knowledge of Private Sector and SME
- Focuses (knowledge) on finance/business analyst and business development + opportunities
- Knowledge of national strategies for poverty alleviation, rural development;
- Understanding of SNV cross-cutting themes as good governance and gender equity;
- Intelligence tools as wel as business modelling;
- Knowledge of and experience with participatory monitoring and evaluation systems and with process documentation for future reference, organizational learning and decision making.
- Very good writing and verbal communication skills;
- Opportunity driven, looks and sees the opportunities
- Client and team oriented attitude;
- Leadership, entrepreneurship and coaching and self-reflection skills;
- Proactive, creative and out-of-the-box thinking;
- Business attitude and want-to-learn attitude;
- Proven abilities and experience in team building and participatory techniques;
- Networking and negotiation abilities combined with result orientation;
- Proven ability to work in different cultural settings and multi-cultural environment;
- Proven ability to take initiatives independently and to have perseverance under adverse circumstances;
- Flexibility to work compatibly with national community based and non-government, government and private sector organizations;
- A strong flare for problem solving and evidence-based approaches to capacity development;
- Some knowledge of gender concepts;
- Readiness to work and travel in rural districts with minimal amenities;
- Fluency in English (SNV’s corporate language)and good command of French;
- Computer literacy in MS Office and Internet use;
- Driver’s license
How To Apply
To apply for the above position, please forward your resume in Microsoft Word Format to:
Closing: 02 Sep, 2011