Posted on :
7 Nov, 2016
7 Nov, 2016
The Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) project is a 5-year integrated project funded by the USAID Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and is designed to contribute to Government of Ghana (GoG) efforts to sustainably reduce poverty and improve the nutritional status of vulnerable populations. The goal of RING is improved livelihoods and nutritional status of households in the Northern region.
Job Title: Village Savings & Loans Association (VSLA) Facilitators (11 Positions)
Reporting Relationship: VSLA Coordinator
The assignment involves the implementation of VSLA activities in the assigned districts. Depending on the number of communities, one or more facilitators will be assigned to a district to work with the district VSLA team to accelerate VSLA implementation.
Objective of the assignment
The objective of the assignment is to provide the districts with additional independent human resources to accelerate VSLA implementation in the beneficiary communities.
VSLA facilitators are required to perform the following tasks:
• Support districts to mobilize and form at least 40 VSLA groups in 20 selected communities
• Facilitate training on core VSLA modules for all 40 groups
• Monitor activities of at least 40 VSLA groups for 6 months
• Monitor all VSLA groups and collect data for input and updating of SAVIX MIS
• Report on progress of VSLA groups to Districts and USAID/RING
• Provide weekly updates on VSLAs activities to USAID/RING and Districts
• Enter data into the online SAVIX platform
As evidence of performance of duties, and for which payment of salaries or remuneration will be based, the VSLA facilitators will be required to deliver the following:
• Monthly work plan, which will be reviewed and approved by USAID/RING Livelihoods officers
• Community sensitization and mobilization report on VSLA
• Report of VSLAs formed and trained by the field facilitator
• List and names of VSLA groups formed with valid membership
• At least visit 2 communities per day
• Weekly updates on the saving activities of each VSLA formed and supported
• Monthly updates on VSLA activities (savings and loan meetings, SAVIX entry etc)
• Monthly report on VSLA loan utilization (number of group members who have taken loans. Amount and purpose of loan)
• Monthly input and updates of SAVIX MIS with groups data
Qualification Required & Experience
Eligible candidates must have the following:
• First degree, or Diploma in relevant discipline (Finance and Administration, Agriculture, Development Studies, Community Development)
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience preferably in community development, micro finance or entrepreneurship. Experience with VSLA highly desirable (standardized VSLA training will be provided for facilitators recruited)
• Be able to communicate effectively in one of the following languages; Dagbani, Gonja, Mampruli, Kokomba (Likpakpal), and Chokosi (Anufo)
• Be able to ride a motorbike and have a valid rider’s license.
• Own or have access to a reliable motorbike is a key requirement. Fuel and maintenance cost will be reimbursed monthly.
• Basic knowledge in MS office applications.
• Be willing to stay and work in any one of the above-mentioned districts.
Duration of assignment
• The assignment is a short term contract for a fixed term of 6 months. Contract might be extended based on needs and performance.
Location: The assignment will be carried out in 11 RING implementing districts: Nanumba South, East Gonja, Central Gonja, Nanumba North, West Gonja and Tolon
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their applications together with CVs to:
Closing Date: 30 November, 2016
There are no third parties involved in this recruitment.