Posted on :
6 Nov, 2013
6 Nov, 2013
The Resilient Africa Network (RAN) Program is a five-year USAID funded Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN) development lab program for Sub-Saharan Africa. RAN aims at working with partner universities and communities to identify, incubate and develop innovative solutions to chronic vulnerabilities, shocks and stresses facing households, communities and systems in the region.
Job Title: Program Coordinator At Resilient Africa Network (RAN)
Qualification Required & Experience
• PhD – Public Health, Sociology, Agriculture, Economics, integrated Science, ICT (Innovation). 5 years working experience in a similar position or in academia
• Masters – Public Health, Sociology, Economics, Agriculture, Integrated Science, ICT (Innovation) Geography and Food security. 7 years working experience in a senior management position or in academia
• A Multi-disciplinary academic background
• Excellent Qualitative & Quantitative Research skills
• Excellent Presentations Skills
• Knowledge in Methodology
• Above average knowledge in ICT
• Good writing skills
• Preparing and sending monthly and quarterly progress report to approriate partners
• Daily Management of the RLLab
• Act as the secondary liason officer with partner universities within Africa
• Contribute to curriculum development when needed
• You would be the lead in organizing the delivery of IT/ICT competitions such as hackathons, hack days, hack fest etc. engineering innovation and software design competition in the lab, design of applications particularly on mobile and other Open BSD platforms to address specific program identified objectives, short courses on Resiliency, Urbanization and the effects of Climate Variability, and Food security, Health, Education, Technological innovations, Agriculture using mobile application platforms and desktop development applications Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com
• Coordinate administrative functions between the lab and our national partners as well as our regional partners Duration of Contract.
Duration of contract.
• This is a five-year program started with 4 more years remaining, This contract is valid for one year, renewable every year depending upon availability of funds and good performance
The program coordinator shall submit quarterly technical reports to be incorporated into the secretariat’s reports to the PRIME (Markerere University) detailing specific goals, task, performance measures, deliverables and benchmarks specified therein. All reports shall be submitted to the PRIME through tje RAN RILab Director for West Africa.
You are to prepare for publication as the lead author and publish at least two well-researched, scholarly papers in an international, high impact peer reviewed journal every year. Areas of reseach will focus on RAN-HESN activities.
Compensation / Salary
Negotiable, based on experience and qualification.
How To Apply For The Job
Send applications to:
Closing Date: 19 November, 2013