Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in 18 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our programs are facilitated by more than 550 international staff and 15,800 local volunteer Coaches.The Africa Regional Office located in Kampala, Uganda, supports 8 country offices including; Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania.
Job Title: Field Facilitator (Keta, Tamale, Accra)
Locations: Keta, Tamale, Accra
- The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play project activities and providing support and guidance to the community team in using RTP tools in the project location. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project for quality of delivery and effectiveness.
Supervisory And Advisory Responsibilities:
Indirect Technical Reporting Lines
- Coach Trainer- Number of Employees/Volunteers per Job Title (Varies per country (50 to 200)
- Coach-Number of Employees/Volunteers per Job Title (Varies per country (50 to 200)
Indirect Advisory Responsibilities:
- The Field Facilitator provides advice to the partners and community team regarding RTP tools.
In accordance with Right To Play (RTP) approved policies and procedures, the incumbent:
Activity planning and implementation
- Ensures participation of partners, children/young people and stakeholders in the process of project planning and implementation of the proposed activities.
- Supports Coaches and Coach Trainers in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal, facilitates their activities and reports to the PO.
- Organizes and conducts special events activities, play days and sports tournaments.
- In coordination with partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers, evaluates events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
- Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
- Assesses training needs of Coach Trainers, Coaches, Junior Leaders, teachers and partners, recommends the suitable intervention and works with them to develop training schedules.
- Organizes and facilitates training workshops conducted by other program staff and participates in the training as required.
- Facilitates the training sessions conducted by Coach Trainers, evaluates them and reports to the PO.
- Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
- Handles advance payments and manages cash money used for the activity implementation.
- Follows up on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the PO.
- Assesses needs for facility repairs and upgrades in the community, facilitates the authorized work and ensures that overall work has been completed in accordance with the approved standards.
Monitoring and reporting
- Conducts regular field visits with partners, Coach Trainers and Coaches to follow up and provide support as needed.
- Participates in workshops/training to partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers in the quantitative data collection tools and qualitative monitoring tools and ensures accurate and timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data to RTP team.
- Provides narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports to update Country and Regional Office on project progress.
- Submits financial reports related to activity implementation
- Ensures partners and Coaches are in compliance with Child Safeguarding Policy.
Establish and maintain partnerships
- Identifies community needs, participates in the selection of communities and partners to be included in RTP program in the respective Field.
- Represents RTP in the project location and relevant forums and have regular consultations with local partners, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in the assigned community.
- Supervision and guidance
- Conducts performance assessment of Coach Trainers and Coaches and recommends incentives based on the approved incentive criteria.
- In collaboration and consultation with partners, PO and the Training Officer implements a Coach Incentive system.
- In collaboration and consultation with partners identifies potential Coaches who can become Coach Trainers.
- Recommends Coach Trainers and Coaches for certification
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Planning And Organizing
- The incumbent is expected to plan his/her own work and to consult with the PO to ensure that the work plan is in line with the approved project work plan. The incumbent is also expected to coordinate the plan with partners.
- The incumbent is expected to enhance relationships with partners as well as Coaches, and Coach Trainers. This relationship is critical to the success of the project implementation.
- Internal: Project Officer, other Field Facilitator(s) and Project Officers, Program Manager, Assistant Program Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer, Training Officer, Finance Officer/Finance and Admin Officer, Finance Assistant/Finance and Admin Assistant and Logistics Officer/Assistant where applicable.
- External: Partners, government officials, community-based organizations, NGOs, and volunteers
- Physical Environment And Effort: The incumbent is expected to spend most of the time at the field location walking or standing where he/she may be exposed to high physical effort.
- Sensory Demands: The incumbent is expected to provide coaching and monitoring and evaluation to Coaches and Coach Trainers as well as generating reports with attention to details and accuracy. This involves talking, listening as well as seeing.
- Mental Demands: The incumbent is expected to face pressure from deadlines and unexpected situations
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, adult education or any related discipline.
- 2 years’ experience working in project implementation and facilitation part of which should have been in leading a team.
Competencies / Personal Attributes
- Ability to confidently represent oneself and Right To Play
- Effective planning and organizing skills
- Coaching and feedback skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong development and team building skills
- Understanding of adult education principles
- Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
- Effective report writing
- Understanding of a community-led process
- Understanding of the concept of sport for development
- Understanding of child rights and child protection
- Excellent spoken and written English and local language(s). French is also required for Francophone countries.
Desired Qualifications (An Asset)
- Experience implementing a development program with local populations in both rural and urban settings
- Experience in training, leading workshops and teaching
- Personal sport and activity background with coaching experience
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Problem Solving: The incumbent is expected to follow established work procedures and methods in dealing with work related problems. He/she needs to consult with the PO when dealing with unusual situations/problems.
- Financial Impact: The incumbent is expected to implement the project activities within the approved budget. He/she may receive some advance payments and handle cash payments.
- Information Management: The incumbent is expected to generate/produce standard reports ensuring that the information in the reports are accurate and correct. He/she is expected to keep the information and data available in a safe location for the use of the PO, the Program Manager and other senior managers.
- Continuous Improvement: The incumbent is expected to introduce improvements to his/her own work as well as to the work done by Coaches and Coach Trainers using lessons learned from activity implementation.
Additional Job Related Conditions
- The incumbent is expected to travel to project locations using an RTP car or motorcycle and in some cases the incumbent may need to walk between the project’s locations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: GhanaHR@righttoplay.com and kindly include “Field Facilitator” and your name in the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing Date : 14th July, 2018