Job Title: Sales Agronomist
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Location: Southern Belt
Job Summary: Active involvement in the sales of agrochemicals, seeds and fertilizer by establishing and maintaining an efficient sales/marketing program for the company’s existing product range.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sale and Marketing of entire range of Products. (Crop Protection Product’s, Fertilizer, Seed, Spraying
machines, Farm tools and Accessories to Customers (Distributors, Retailers etc)
- Conduct training and Sensitization on various product protocols to Farmer groups, Associations and
Unions to patronize the company’s product packages to elicit sales.
- Prospects for Retailers, Distributors and other stakeholders in the agribusiness industry to elicit sales
- Conduct periodic market research on the sales and patronage of the company’s product vis a vis that
- Engage License Buying Companies (LBC) and other stakeholders in the cocoa industry for collaboration
on the sale of the company’s cocoa products.
- Engage relevant stakeholders to conduct trials to elicit sales
Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Prepare and complete action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer- service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional
sales system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling
expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling district sales representatives; building and
maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and
service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
Competencies Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture
- A minimum of 3+ years’ working experience
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Suite such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc
- Hands-on experience with inventory with ERP computer system, SAP is a big plus and collaborative
Essential Skills and Personality Attributes
- Ability to generate reports and analyze data
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving
- Customer oriented
- Aggressive, competitive and growth-oriented
- Must have strong work ethics
- Possess a strong performance and results orientation
- Detailed oriented