The digitalisation of healthcare has created a direct link between data analytics technology and patients. In this Africa Data Analytics Internship programme, you can explore different corners of the field – maybe even surprising yourself with new interests – while making a difference to people’s lives.
Job Title: Data Analytics Intern
Your passion can make an impact.
Our programme is for early-in-career talents that provides an entry gate into a company with global impact. The following bullets provide information about the structure of the programme, what’s in it for you and what we expect from you as an applicant.
- Duration: 12 months
- Position based in Roche affiliates across Africa (Morocco, Tunisia, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa).
- Opportunities to work with different stakeholders on various projects in the healthcare field, ranging from DNA sequence analysis, market insight generation, digital solution buildup, etc.
What you can expect
- Real work experience and project responsibilities – we encourage ownership and entrepreneurship.
- Professional and personal development – including mentoring and coaching by commercial leaders and data science experts.
- Enhanced knowledge of the Roche Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics business and its product portfolio
- Exposure to IT core processes as well as our Pharma and/or Diagnostics R&D, Commercial and Corporate Functions business
- Global experience and cross-cultural understanding
- Extensive global people network
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence their own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to accelerate your career by taking on assignments across different functions and geographies. You are someone who is enthusiastically looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the healthcare industry.
As an ideal candidate, you fulfil all of the requirements below:
- You have an excellent academic background (4th grade BS/MS/Phd) and recently graduated with a strong focus on information technology/quantitative fields.
- Data analysis capabilities: ability to discover data analytics questions from commercial scenarios, as well as conduct basic data analysis.
- Data engineering skills: familiar with data manipulation tools, database management, and data visualization. Experienced in software tools such as Tableau, Data Studio, SQL, etc.
- Data science knowledge: hands-on experience of mathematical modeling/ statistical analysis/ machine learning. Programming skills (Python, R).
- Excellent communication and effective problem-solving skills, track record in serving a variety of diverse customers and projects
- A quick learner and passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge
- Keen on expanding your experience and leveraging data analytics methodologies in a world leading pharmaceutical company.
- Fluent in English; an additional language would be an asset
Certain experience will be considered as a plus and will enable placement in particular projects:
- Business administration capabilities, such as business demand analysis, project management, etc.
- Biomedical knowledge, such as genomic science.
How we recruit
Based on your own profile, competency and interest, the decision of your location and upcoming projects will be decided.