Posted on :
21 Apr, 2020
21 Apr, 2020
Rock City is being developed as the largest destination in Africa for Conferences, Meetings, Incentives, Exhibitions and set to be the ultimate destination for family, fun, adventure and relaxation. The Organization seeks the services of competent and experienced persons for the role as a Services Engineer (MEP).
Job Title: Services Engineer (MEP).
• The Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineer shall be responsible for all aspects of the project relating to building services i.e. Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering works.
Services Engineer (MEP) Responsibilities
• Review plans and specifications according to the plan.
• Prepare plans estimate cost of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and general plumbing system.
• Provide technical advice to stakeholders i.e inspectors and Service providers, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System.
• Analyze mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
• Direct the Project Manager on any technical aspects of the mechanical services that may affect construction progress.
• Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of the site works with regards to MEP services and report to the Project Manager on same.
• Supervise the day to day work of the MEP team.
• Report any risks associated with MEP installations or general projects to the Project Director.
• Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and report to Project Director with appropriate feedback within the specified contractual period (normally 10 working days).
• Review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
• Where required prepare technical clarifications to the tendered design to suit specific on-site construction and co-ordination issues.
• Review Contractor’s mechanical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Project Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
• Review Contractor’s proposed subcontractor(s) associated with the engineering works from a technical standpoint.
• Undertake general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, and construction schedule.
• Monitor and promote health and safety on the site. Record and report any breaches to the Project Manager. If required stop the construction works if unsafe practices are being followed.
• Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
• Undertake a prior review of the Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commission methods and schedule
• Witness on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
• On a spot basis, witness mechanical system final testing and commissioning.
• Review and comment on the Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
• Attend project, site progress and any mechanical services related technical meetings as directed by the project director.
• Prepare draft site/engineer’s instructions, relating to the building mechanical services, as required and issue to the Project Manager.
• Provide advice to the Project Manager in regard to any mechanical services related to variable costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of first Degree in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering or any related field. A Master’s Degree in a similar field will be an added advantage.
• At least 8 years of relevant Construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing. Hospitality experience is a plus.
• Strong attention to details and organizational skills required.
• Excellent team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce including Architects, Project Managers and Construction Managers
Location: Kwahu, Eastern Region
How To Apply
Interested persons should email their profile, CVs to: [email protected] NB: Kindly indicate the Position you are applying for at the subject line of your mail.