Organization : Rock City Hotel
Job Location : Nkwatia/Kwahu
Employment Type : Fixed Term ( Renewable)
Job Title: Human Resources & Administrative Manager
Report To: Assistant General Manager & Business Manager
Liaising With: ALL Heads of Departments
- To ensure that all HR strategies, systems and processes within all departments are effectively and efficiently managed to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Generally, to carry out directives and decisions of the Assistant General Manager /Management of the Organization.
- Provides guidance to the business and manage all HR interventions and programs (ie recruitment, HR planning, Employee Relations and Performance Management and other change management interventions) across all departments.
- Communicates and interpret all policy changes to all Heads of Departments
Human Resources Management
- Communicate and provide input to the review of HR policies
- Communicate policy changes as they occur
- Assist in the development of HR plans and budgets and oversee its administration
- Manage all change programs and other HR related projects
- Manage all HR planning tasks within the various operating departments
- Administer internal manpower movements and separations. Maintains all company’s staff list and organization charts on current basis, ensuring that all updates reflect changes effected in the organizations
- Assess the need for recruitment of staff and resource allocations in respective operating departments & companies
- Oversee and manage succession and retention plan for the respective operating departments
- Administer the selection process efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Guide Company Managers to deliver a robust performance management process.
- Ensure the process is delivered against the annual performance cycle.
Benefits and Compensation/HR Services
- Interpret and assist in the maintenance of the company’s Benefits and Compensation policies and guidelines across all organizations
- Direct and ensure that employee services are administered promptly and to the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure that record keeping processes and systems (i.e employee data etc.) are in compliance with Regulatory and other legal requirements
- Direct and manage all Employee Relations functions (i.e employee consultation and employee communication to foster a harmonious relationship between management and staff of the Hotel.
- Ensure regular surveys are administered to employees to measure employee engagement and appropriate action plans are in place to manage issues that are raised in the surveys.
- Provides monthly reports on key HR programs and functions
- Reports on HR standards and best practices
- Acts as HR quality controller and maintain HR standards and best practice within the Hotel.
- Ensures effective and timely resolution and management of employee related issues and concerns.
- Communicate with staff to give advice and guidance on HR related queries/issues
Talent Management and Development
- Communicates the agreed talent framework to the relevant businesses.
- Leads the identification of talented individuals and inputs into the succession planning process.
- Ensures identified talent have clear development plans in place and retention plans are in place where appropriate.
- Working closely with various organizations, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Preparing staff handbooks;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training – including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers/company
- Any other task as may be directed by Assistant General Manager & Business Developer/Management
Required Skills or Experience
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or Other HR Executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to develop strategies along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the Hotel
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Minimum of MBA / Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or any related field
- Must have minimum of 6-10years’ working experience
How to Apply
All CVs, application letters and other required documents (photocopies of certificates) must be forwarded to [email protected].
- Please note: This job vacancy offers a 1-year fixed term contract that is renewable based on performance.