Posted on :
23 Feb, 2018
23 Feb, 2018
RSPO is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization that develops and implements global standards for sustainable palm oil, with a Vision to “transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm”. With Africa being a frontier for oil palm expansion, and an emerging market for palm oil, the RSPO seeks to build an Africa-based team that advances the Vision of the RSPO in the region.
Job Title: Assistant Manager Technical
The incumbent will provide on-going support to the Technical Manager in Africa in areas of technical matters, smallholder strategy, supply chain & membership as well as assisting in carrying out relevant outreach activities.
· Assist to provide support to RSPO’s constituents (especially those in Francophone areas) in the region on technical issues pertaining to RSPO Standards and Certification, both on the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C) and supply chain certification.
· Support and keep track of technical developments related to the RSPO Principle & Criteria (P&C) and supply chain certification in Africa.
· Provide support for RSPO members seeking certification as well as accredited certification bodies seeking advice in the conduct of certifications.
· Monitor RSPO member progress towards fulfilling the RSPO’s objectives through frequent progress reporting updates.
· Assist in the facilitation of RSPO’s awareness activities for stakeholders, as well as handle enquiries from stakeholders in Africa.
· Contribute in the preparation of draft policies and proposals developed in terms of scope, budget, policy.
· Assist in project management support to working groups in the form of logistics coordination and secretarial services as well as ensure periodic updates across all projects to multiple stakeholders.
· Implement and/or monitor technical projects in Africa.
· Maintain close rapport with service providers to ensure timeline and deliveries are met.
· Communicate and engage with relevant stakeholders, including companies, government institutions, NGOs, and smallholders in coordination with the Outreach & Engagement Department.
· Support and/or organize RSPO events that relate to the standard and certification process, including any trainings on the specific RSPO P&C and certification requirements.
· Ensure development and maintenance of an easily accessible knowledge base on the RSPO standard and its associated requirements (i.e. HCV, compensation mechanism, New Planting Procedures, certification, etc.) for Africa.
· Support with English-French translation of documents and communications.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science/Environmental Management, Agriculture, Forestry or related field.
Technical Knowledge & Experience:
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to send their updated CV (in English) and a cover letter (in French), giving comprehensive details of relevant qualifications, experiences and skills to [email protected]