The Commercial Manager responsibilities are to develop client -wide marketing plans and ensure employment of the vessels
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Experience: minimum 3 years’ experience in ship brokerage and/or commercial manager
Education: Bachelor degree- MBA is an added advantage
Industry Type: Oil and Gas/ Marine / Offshore Shipping Services
Location/ Ghanaian: Ghana /Nationality Ghanaian
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Securing new chartering contracts for our vessels.
- Maintain continuous contact with charterers and brokers for employment of the spot as well as term fixtures.
- Interaction with clients on regular basis to understand their current and future requirements.
- Market tapping, gauging market potential and Market predictions
- Strategically identify and cater to the shipping requirements by ensure optimal utilization for fleet portfolio within the offshore segment.
- Suggest and develop synergies/partnerships with other companies.
- Prepare a country analysis report, should we be targeting a new territory by the way of primary and in person secondary research.
- Understand and study the tender documents received from charterers. ➢ Prepare tenders in coordination with other departments ➢ Raise commercial/contractual exception to tender document.
- Ensure that original Charter Parties made up by brokers/charterers are in compliance with the terms and conditions agreed during negotiations
- Follow up of fixtures
- Make suggestions for chartering of foreign tonnage when opportunities/needs arise.
- See to that vessels are run most economically with a view to the charter party’s stipulations and expected market situations.
- Control vessels’ performance and ensure it meets expectation and contractual obligations. Follow up on bids and advice the management accordingly.
- Report to the Marketing Director to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiencies in maximizing fleet utilization.
- Identify new business possibilities.
- Ensure profitability of vessels
- Take initiatives for proper, timely action in all respects, and make suggestions for improvements and cost savings.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience and/or training in similar function and industry
- Ghana exposure
- Knowledge of the offshore support vessel market
- Exceptional skills in the formulation of new business proposals and contract negotiation.
- Good knowledge of Vessel operations
- Strong creative thinking and approach in dealing with marketing and advertising related activities
How to Apply
Mode of application: [email protected]/ [email protected]