RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes. We work with governments, businesses, foundations, universities, and other clients and partners to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 5,000 tackles hundreds of projects to address complex social and scientific challenges facing our clients and the people and communities they serve. Our experts hold degrees in more than 250 scientific, technical, and professional disciplines across the social and laboratory sciences, and international development fields. RTI works in more than 75 countries and maintains offices on four continents. Our headquarters is located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. Our dedication to innovative, objective research and technical services makes RTI an outstanding partner for clients around the world whose greatest challenges demand rigorous approaches and science-based solutions.
Job Title: Global Health Security Project Manager
RTI is seeking a Global Health Security (GHS) Project Manager to assist CDC with implementation, monitoring, and oversight of the GHS Agenda (GHSA) portfolio in Ghana and in the West Africa Region, and to provide technical assistance to CDC-Ghana in the planning, development, and implementation of GHSA including overall coordination for different Action Packages and technical areas including surveillance, laboratory systems strengthening, workforce development and emergency preparedness and response, in order to successfully implement GHSA.
- PROGRAM COORDINATION:
- Provide program coordination, oversight, and technical assistance in monitoring GHSAA program.
- Provide project management and technical consultation and assistance to CDC-Ghana with GHSA implementing partners, host government ministry collaborators and non-government organizations in implementation of GHSA Roadmap/National Health Security Plan activities.
- Ensure initiative goals, objectives, targets and work plan align with overall GHSA Roadmap/National Health Security strategy and other agency priorities.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Participate with GHSA USG Interagency team as well as external partners in planning for reeds of the GHSA Ghana portfolio.
- Work closely with the GHSA team and partners in developing strategies and methods for implementation. Responsible for task allocation and coordination, setting and meeting development timelines, identifies implementation and execution of strategies.
- Conduct routine site visits and work closely with designated program managers in each partner organization as well as agency technical leads in related program.
- Travel to districts to provide technical assistance and monitoring of programmatic activities. During site visits, review progress and monitor the process (including resource allocation), outcome and impact of GHSA-related activities, identifies implementation achievements as well as challenges in performance, and initiates appropriate actions in consultation with the Ministry of Health/Ghana Health Service, implementing partners and CDC.
- Exercise judgment in planning and carrying out tasks, in resolving problems and conflicts, and in taking steps necessary to meet deadlines. Facilitate appropriate information sharing for disseminating progress on tasks. Ensure all information sharing and communication is done accurately and timely both internally and externally.
- Material and Communication Development:
- Coordinate and develop materials aligned with GHSA project goals and objectives.
- Routinely provide briefings and recommendations to CDC on key stakeholder (cooperative agreement partners) issues as they occur.
- Administrative Duties:
- Conduct regular meetings and ad hoc communications with global, country/local agencies to effectively facilitate the completion of programmatic and reporting goals and objectives, to include telephone, email, face-to-face meetings, and trainings.
- Make oral presentations as necessary.
- Maintain files and records specific to project activities/programs for which contractor is responsible. Program files include reports, meeting summaries and minutes, copies of all grants/cooperative agreements/contracts, as well as technical documentation (technical considerations, target files, etc.). Whenever possible these records will be filed electronically for recordkeeping purposes.
- Complete and maintain up-to-date certification for all CDC and Center for Global Health-required trainings including Security Awareness Training.
- Develop semi-annual work plan for all tasks.
- Develop semi-annual Report for all tasks.
· Master’s Degree in Public Health
· At least four years of experience in coordinating public health programs at regional, national, local levels, and international experience in West Africa region
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively, seeking advice and support when necessary
· Excellent communication and writing skills. Experience in development of strategic documents, briefing documents, and reports.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English on a daily basis with various groups (speaking, reading, and writing)
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please use Ghana: Global Health Security Project Manager in the subject line.