Posted on :
26 Aug, 2014
26 Aug, 2014
Position: Brighter Futures Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Officer
Contract: 1 Year (Renewable)
Reporting to: Brighter Futures Programme Manager
Main Role / Purpose
The Sabre Trust is a development organisation working in close collaboration with the local education authorities in the Central and Western Regions to support the implementation of the Ghana Education Service’s plans to scale up quality kindergarten education nationwide. Sabre’s Transformational Teacher Training project is an innovative new approach to preparing student teachers for their teaching postings, using a network of model classrooms and mentor teachers.
Managing the monitoring and evaluation for the programme:
• Create, manage and analyse an electronic and physical M&E filing system for each classroom, to include Mentoring Log and Teacher Monitoring Tool (TMT).
• Create, manage and analyse an electronic and physical M&E filing system for each trainer, to include Trainer Monitoring Tool (TrMT).
Analyse the attendance data for the programme.
• Create, collate and analyse evaluation forms for Trainers and Trainees for each element of the programme, reporting results to the team, and using them to further refine evaluation form.
• Collate and analyse baseline data at the start and end of year.
• Undertake the collection of field data to monitor progress of participants on the programme, providing regular feedback to the Project Manager, including catalogued photographic evidence of environmental change in KG classrooms, both indoors and outdoors.
• Collate and analyse Pupil Achievement Record data for a sample of children in each classroom.
• Collate and analyse parent questionnaires for a sample of children in each classroom.
• Collect and analyse OLA College of Education exam results and numbers of distinctions.
• Maintain contact with programme alumni as newly posted teaches, conducting follow up questionnaires and carry out the TMT to monitor their progress.
In addition support other office administration and teacher training activities where necessary.
In respect of Programme Strategy:
• The M&E Officer will be a full time member of the Brighter Futures team, which oversees multiple projects across the education sector. The M&E Officer will take part in all meetings and discussions related to the delivery of the FTTT, and will be encouraged to contribute to decision making.
• Contribute to the development of the Brighter Futures programme strategy.
• To deliver on the above activities to a degree that provides a robust evidence base for the impact of the FTTT. The Project Manager will liaise regularly with the M&E Officer to ensure that both parties are satisfied with this output and expectations.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The applicant should have experience in collecting and collating data, most of which will be statistical. We want to enhance our MEL systems so that we are able to easily access the information we collect on pupil and teacher performance.
• The applicant should have graduated from a tertiary institution, and have worked with statistical data as part of his/her studies.
Location: Elmina, KEEA Municipality, Central Region
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter (maximum 1 page) to:-
Closing Date: 20 September, 2014
In the covering letter, you should explain exactly why you would be a useful addition to a committed team of project managers, and in particular how you will be able to lead on gathering and databasing information from the schools with whom we work.