Safi Sana has currently started the design and commissioning of a large scale waste to energy/bio fertiliser plant in Ashaiman. This plant is expected to be operational in the last quarter of 2015 and will daily treat 25 tonnes of waste from public toilets and organic waste collection points.
The plant will produce a bio-fertilizer for the local market and generates power for the national power grid. It is expected that this model will be replicated to other areas in Ghana in the coming years.
- Location: Waste to energy plant Ashaiman, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Deadline response: 12th June 2015
- Start date: July 2015
As the Research Lead you are expected to play a pivotal role in developing and monitoring the biological processes that support day to day operations and research topics. You are expected to work closely with the Operations Lead. Before turn-key of the plant, you are expected to assist the construction works field engineering support as required in both technical and construction phases and interfaces with the Construction Supervisor on the resolution of biological processing problems.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and run experiments for improving the processing or testing new technologies.
- Managing the laboratory at the waste treatment facility;
- Trouble shooting for process operation and where needed report to Management () and Research and Development team (NL);
- Collection and analysis of process data and adjust operational parameters to optimize production;
- Responsible for the development, execution and updating of the operations and maintenance plan;
- Develop and keep up to date the hygiene and environment policies and monitor the relevant standards;
- Responsible for meeting yearly production goals (together with the Operations Lead);
- Potentially backstop operations;
Required Skills or Experience
- At least Masters degree in Engineering;
- Preferably specialization in Sanitary Engineering or (Bio) Process Engineering;
- Required Work Experience:
- At least three (3) years’ professional experience in a comparable position with rich experiences and knowledge in waste water/solid waste treatment facility operations e.g. WWTP;
- Knowledge and understanding of biological waste water treatment processes and/or industrial production processes;
- Has experience in project management;
- Previous laboratory experience (chemical and microbiology).
- Should have a proactive mentality and target oriented;
- Should be a good team player;
- Should be analytical;
- Understanding in technical subject matter in waste water processing as well as broad interest in waste management and recovery;
- Ability to troubleshoot; is able to and will handle unforeseen problems and act upon them immediately;
- Is willing to work in a growing organization;
- Good communication skills;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed