Manage the accounting and financial management processes including Business Control compliance within West Africa structure in order to provide management with accurate and useful information for decision making.
Job Title: Regional Financial Manager (West Africa)
- Overall management of the management/accounting/ business controlling department for Wes Africa finance functions.
- Ensure compliance within Saint Gobain’s financial procedures (Group Doctrine)
- Lead analysis of monthly costs to ensure alignment with Budget or RF.
- Create, coordinate and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the entity to include budgeting, quarterly (Rolling Forecasting) and LRP
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the entity
- Ensure compliance with local and statutory budgetary reporting requirements
- Overall responsibility for the integrity of the West African entities, trial balances, including review and authorization of general ledger reconciliations
- Develop and implement finance, accounting billing, and auditing procedures
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal/business control environment
- Interact with BU Head to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations
- Analyze financial statements to identify potential opportunities and issues
- Monthly Reporting
- Challenge and understanding BU results,
- Coaching and supporting the team in reporting and analysis, synthesis of results
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management/board as and when required.
- Result analysis though extraction tool, then monthly review and elaborate 10 lines comments per businesses, as well as the monthly CFO, comments for Group.
- Communication of the monthly flash result to CFO
- Preparation of the monthly result presentation for the CFO about regional performance
- Annual business review and B&S Review per business.
- Guide, training, and support on the new acquisition on Group Reporting and tools.
- Interface with Headoffice GIM regional financial controller.
- Coordination of Budget and LRP with GIM businesses.
Business Control Compliance
- Manage Compliance
- Produce and implement policies
- Provide training where necessary
- Mitigate compliance risks
- Provide legal and compliance risk management
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure that where legal and compliance risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Provide assistance to business in managing reputational risk in relation to legal and compliance affairs
- Qualified CA/ CIMA or Honours Degree (preferably B.Com Accounting)
- MBA (added advantage)
- 10 Years experience in a manufacturing business would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in an ERP system environment, preferably SAP-B1
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including IFRS
- Knowledge of automated financial and reporting systems
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Computer Literacy (MS Office and SAP-B1)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Structural planning skills
- Resilience and stress management
- Excellence / Quality Orientation
- Drive and results oriented
- Building strategic relationships / Networking
- Business insight and Risk Awareness
- Anticipating and managing Change
- Problem Solving
- Judgement and decision-making
- Conceptual / big picture thinking