Saint-Gobain with its rich history of over 350 years is the world leader in the habitat and construction market. We design, manufacture and distribute high-performance building materials providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. Saint-Gobain operates in 65 countries and has more than 170,000 employees and has obtained the ‘’Top Employer Global 2016’’ certification. Gyproc is the leading interior building solutions group, Gyproc manufactures lightweight building materials and energy-conserving Rhino Board for all interior lining.
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
To plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the overall activities of the Customer Service department involved in the processing, dispatching, and shipping of orders, through strict adherence and compliance to regulatory, legal, and exchange control regulations. Setup of Customer Service Department in West Africa, recruitment of resources and management of full Customer Service portfolio, including approximately 2 direct reports.
Key responsibilities :
- Provide high level administrative and operational support and advice to stakeholders on administrative matters.
- Ensure timely and even flow of documents and products in accordance with orders received to meet customer requirements whilst complying with the company’s internal processes and controls.
- Liaise with banks, regulatory authorities, agents, customers, and other stakeholders to ensure that the organization complies with exchange control regulations and other legal requirements while delivering high levels of customer service.
- Implement administrative, financial and operational procedures
- Monitor monthly performance on key customer service performance indicators, update management, crafting and implementing corrective actions to ensure that objectives are met.
- Identify and address hurdles and bottlenecks in the order execution process in order to improve turnaround times to meet customer expectations.
- Monitor customer satisfaction through accuracy and timeous order execution and claims administration
- Manage departmental procedures and processes as well as response time to ensure compliance and improved customer service.
- Manage operation in line with export regulations and VAT requirements for compliance purposes.
- Manage BU’s for compliance to exchange control regulations
- Liaise with warehouse, production and other departments regarding stock availability in order to meet customer expectations and sales targets.
- Timeous releasing of purchase orders and purchase requisitions for improved turn around
- Manage and monitor open loading slips on SAP
- Co-ordinate with sales regarding credit/cash application, discount processing, price changes and master data changes for improved customer service.
- Ensure that communications and other vital information is channelled through to the direct team
- Manage transporters and freight forwarders regarding vehicle availability, queries and service provision
- B-Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or Marketing
- Relevant qualification in Shipping or International Trade is advantageous
Knowledge and Skills .
- 2 years’ experience in a co-ordinator/administrator role in an internal sales/customer service environment with emphasis on commercial sales
- Customer Service experience is essential
- Working knowledge of an ERP system (SAP)
- Good communication skills and an excellent command of English (written and verbal), and local language(s) specifically French
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Strong numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Good team working skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and put forward recommendations
- Adherence and awareness of internal controls
- Ability to prioritise workload, resources and manage time
- Ability to write and communicate business trends and recommendations in a structured professional manner
- Good planning and organisational skills to ensure workloads are managed effectively
- A good understanding of import and exports transportation principles
- Relationship management capability and ability to interact at all levels
- To provide input and ideas into divisional initiatives and subsequently promote these initiatives and monitor responses
- To work closely with external customers and vendors
- Relationship management capability
- Ensure that stock is secured and inventory is managed efficiently and accurately to ensure that there is always availability of stock