Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, and hauling and materials handling.
The Service Engineer will assist Site Supervisor to work on Sandvik fleets service and maintenance as well as the Parts/tool store and drive cost efficiencies and capital profit through good leadership, strong customer relations, and best practice Safety, Health, and Environment effectiveness.
Job Title: Service Engineer – Mechanical
- Responsible for a safe work environment by contributing to job safety analysis, engineering technical standards, facility standards and work practices.
- Customer training and efficient technical service support pertaining all SMRT product supplied to customer base within West Africa.
- Installation and commissioning of Sandvik underground equipment.
- Guide and assist the various teams with fault diagnosis work on SMRT equipment.
- Perform repairs and fault finding using hydraulic schematics.
- Cooperate closely with the Sales Team to promote aftermarket parts sales.
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity.
- Work towards achieving set KPls.
- Carry out all work in accordance to set budgets and timeframes.
- Carry out equipment condition audit and submit technical reports with parts recommendation.
- Adhere to all SMRT policies and procedures especially the SHEQ policies.
- Degree Qualified Engineer or good trade background with relevant equipment technical and managerial experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in maintaining Underground products, ability to manage parts stores and oversee all technical maintenance scope of work aimed at delivering best practice
- Maintenance service support.
- Extensive Mechanical Engineering knowledge.
- Strong business sense and EHS focus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and people management skills are essential.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and other MS office applications.
- Willingness to travel and work in remote locations for extended period of times is essential.
- Proficiency in Maintenance Management practices.
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary and provide guidance to members of the team.
Technical & Training Manager
For immediate consideration, please apply to the Service Engineer (Mechanical) – Underground position on or before 13th March 2023 on the Sandvik intranet, Job ID: R0052023
We thank you for your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.