A reputable fast growing NGO into Health in Greater Accra, Central , Ashanti and Western Regions is looking for a result-oriented lawyer for employment as
Job Title: Legal Counsel.
Corporate Counsel will be responsible to provide high quality legal advice on all matters affecting the organization including without limitation: interpret laws, rulings and regulations for the organization. Perform legal analysis on matters encountered in connection with the organization’s operations; provide legal advice to the organization’s management team, including senior leadership. Perform a variety of legal compliance matters including ensuring operations remain within prescribed legislated boundaries. Work with Counsels of the organization’s affiliates as well as external counsels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The Corporate Counsel’s primary responsibility is to ensure that that the business transactions are in compliance with all applicable laws
- Consult on and handle all corporate legal processes such as intellectual property, acquisitions, transfers, compliance issues, transactions, lawsuits, and contracts of any kind and nature.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all certification and reporting requirements.
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues.
- Structure, draft and review all contracts, reports and other legal documents.
- Negotiate deals and attend company meetings. Develop and disseminate meeting minutes where needed.
- Maintain overall organization’s contract portfolio, keeping abreast of renewal deadlines and other contractual consequences.
- Counsel management on overall impact of individual contracts.
- Represent the organization in legal proceedings such as administrative boards, court trials etc.
- Research, anticipate and counsel the organization’s management to guard company against legal risks. Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Handles legal aspects of the organization and its partner’s transactions.
- Be responsible for and collaborate with the Real Estate Department to get land documents and titles for the organization.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to manage relationships with all stakeholders.
- Willing to handle all aspects of a corporate legal department including meeting deadlines, managing files and securing necessary signatures.
- Understand corporate structure and help the organization’s business structure in accordance with corporate policy.
- Liaise with U.S.-based internal counsel as well as external Legal Counsel/Specialists on legal matters pertaining to the organization
- Work collaboratively with the officials of relevant government agencies, individuals for the best interest of organization.
- Any assignment that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- LLB. from accredited law school and 2-7 years of legal experience. General practice with emphasis in health law issues preferred
- Must be admitted to practice law in the Republic of Ghana.
- Work hours may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Required to travel to off-site locations
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must apply at below
PLEASE NOTE: This job description is intended as a guide to the principle duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development of the service.