Posted on :
16 Oct, 2017
16 Oct, 2017
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Provide full administrative and secretarial support to the Head Compliance Ghana & West Africa so as to ensure the smooth running of the office and delivery of quality service to the benefit of the Bank and customers, both external and internal.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Manage and coordinate diary activities including scheduling internal and external meetings.
2. Handle telephone calls including responding to customer requests where appropriate.
3. Organizing and taking minutes of meetings of Legal & Compliance Department when required.
4. Co-ordination of meetings and conference calls for Head of Compliance Ghana & West Africa which includes correspondence to relevant parties, booking meeting rooms etc; ensuring that all relevant meeting information and materials are distributed in good time.
5. Maintain confidentiality of all correspondence and communication.
6. Organize travel visas, itineraries, including booking flights, hotels, restaurants, and related matters.
7. Ensure outbound correspondence are dispatched effectively and in a timely manner
8. Respond to routine correspondence as directed.
9. Vet and route incoming mail (both hard and soft) appropriately, handling confidential material as such.
10. Maintain an effective and efficient filing system.
11. Order and manage department stationery within budget constraints.
12. Prepare claims for reimbursement of business expenses and check invoices from external suppliers in preparation for payment.
13. Manage events including lunches, dinners, cocktails, etc.
14. Coordinate travel for Head of Compliance West Africa.
15. Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required, e.g. arrange conferences and off-site meetings
16. Leave management and tracking
1. The co-ordination and implementation of key activities and decisions emanating from the Head Compliance Ghana &West Africa’s office.
2.Provide administrative and logistic requirements of the Head of Compliance
Qualifications and Skills
1. A good first degree from a reputable and accredited institution
2. Excellent Public relations and interpersonal Skills
3. Excellent communication Skills
4. Highly proficient in computer skills (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint and MS-Excel)
5. Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines; good administrative skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 17/10/17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.