Posted on :
12 Sep, 2017
12 Sep, 2017
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
Job Title: Senior Account Manager
Charged with direct management of accounts within your portfolio, assigned by the Head, Special Assets Management Ghana.
· Ensure that designated account risks are properly identified and assessed
· Ensure that designated accounts have action plans which are formulated and implemented so as to minimise risks, prevent losses, maximise recoveries and restore profits through rehabilitation, workout, direct recovery actions and legal processes.
· To improve early identification of problem debt, by the development of a proper environment encouraging open and up front reporting from Relationship Managers.
· Provide an accurate assessment of monthly Interest in Suspense / Provision movements.
· Assist Business Unit Head and BORM in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the business unit level.
· Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· The protection of the Bank’s interests, by taking appropriate restructuring or recovery actions by (means of direct representation and negotiation).
· To protect the bank’s reputational interest
· To assume responsibility for specific accounts within your designated portfolio.
· To evaluate the credit risk on applications within your portfolio as required and to recommend approval, decline or alternative course of action.
· Responsibility for minimizing the bank’s risk arising from litigation, environmental claims, Regulatory censure or potential reputational loss regarding the irregular accounts.
· Encourage Relationship Managers towards early reporting of problem debt.
· Track and provide information to the Head, GSAM on the cause of losses, encourage the development of improved Credit Skills (i.e. operational loss, Monitoring and Control, Credit Risk Assessment).
· Coordinate and consolidate Operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the BORG, BORM and Business Unit Head. Ensure data accuracy and completeness
· Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BORM, when they occur.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Strong negotiation skills to manage problem accounts in Ghana.
2. Good interpersonal skills coupled with professional integrity in order to command respect and credibility in situations involving conflicting interests. (Internal and external).
3. Tertiary academic qualification and/or extensive practical know-how in accounting, finance and banking practice and theory.
4. Experience in the banking industry, with sound knowledge of risks involved in lending, particularly corporate lending.
5. Practical and technical knowledge of laws relating to bankers’ rights, corporate finance, security documentation and realization, appropriate Corporate Law, receivership, bankruptcy and winding up.
6. Up-to-date knowledge of Economic conditions.
7. Ability to resolve conflicts, manage crises and solve problems, withstand pressure, work fast, set priorities and organize management’s time among numerous accounts needing urgent attention simultaneously, with initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, analytical ability, energy and determination to execute and win.
8. Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing, and to conduct meetings (often in hostile/ confrontational circumstances and/or at very Senior Corporate/Bank levels) and focus on relevant issues.
The closing date for applications is 18/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record of your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.