The Import – Export Specialist is responsible for providing import/export process efficiency. The Import – Export Specialist works with logistics services providers to ensure that the movement of goods in and out is done in compliance with customs regulations while aiming to improve on-time delivery of goods to Business Lines.
Job Title: Import – Export Specialist
- Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard.
- Update import and export systems as needed or locally defined in the assigned country, including data and document storage where necessary.
- Analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements to reduce cost of imports and exports.
- Be responsible and accountable for performance factors related to service level agreements in the country.
- Manage daily customs broker operations and ensure performance is monitored, targeting lead time and cost reductions.
- Liaise with customs and local authorities for daily operational issues.
- Be responsible and accountable for ensuring all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits for compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention systems.
- Manage daily customs and trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard.
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organizations in the country.
Skills And Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Logistics & Transport, Mathematics, Engineering or any other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in logistics operations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills
- Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively
- Ability to formulate out-of-the-box recommendations or new strategies to improve import/export process efficiency
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel and MS Power Point
- Strong understanding of general logistics processes and local logistics rules and regulations
- Proficiency in the use of Transportation Management System preferred
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
As a leading employer in our industry, Schlumberger is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.