The Account Officer is responsible for providing financial, administrative services to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Account Officer must comply with established accounting policies and procedures.
Job Title: Assistant Accounts officer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Generate monthly invoices
- Prompt and accurate balancing and posting of all receipts within financial systems
- Banking of cash and cheques in a timely manner
- First point of contact for internal and external customer enquiries
- Ensure compliance with relevant finance policies and procedures
- Manage relationship with External Auditors in annual statutory audits
- Preparation of monthly Management and Financial Reports.
- Managing relationship with Banks and other financial institutions.
- Ensuring short and long term funding needs are appropriately met.
- Monitor cash collection and identify issues for investigation including follow-up with debtor, initiation of internal debt collection procedures and/or referral to an external debt collector.
- Maintain petty cash float including issuing cash, balancing float and preparing monthly reconciliations.
- Liaise with Tax authorities on Tax related issues.
- Design and maintain and fixed asset register
- Co-ordinate preparation of Audit Schedules and attending to external Auditors during year-end Audit.
- Liaising with Company Secretary for compilation of annual report.
- Co-ordination of quarterly and year-end stock taking exercise.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Superior.
- As the Chief Compliant Officer, ensures all aspect of Corporate Governance are covered.
- Effective and efficient Management of Import process.
- Degree qualified in accounting and/or finance
- 1 year post qualification experience