Posted on :
23 Jan, 2017
23 Jan, 2017
School for Life (SfL) Is multi-donor funded organization that has been operating in northern Ghana for over 20 years now.
SfL is an equal opportunity employer but qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Deputy Manager-Advocacy & Gender
• Lead in matters of the Implementation of Advocacy & Gender activities of SfL and also work with other officers in the preparation of all necessary documents and reports related to SfL’s advocacy & gender work.
• Coordinate capacity building on advocacy & gender
• Continuously monitor, analyse and develop the gender aspects of the SfL Programme.
• Responsible for SfL’s participation in networks, alliances, coali1ions, etc.
• Responsible for context monitoring with respect to advocacy opportunities.
• Report quarterly on advocacy & gender aspects of SfL.
• In co-operation with the Deputy Manager- Operations, produce School for Life News Letter
• Monitor national action/policy on advocacy & gender Issues and ensure proper documentation of findings as relevant for advocacy & gender work.
• Play a key role in the development, management and maintenance of relations with relevant stakeholders, Including interaction with the media, partners and policy- makers relating to SFL’s advocacy & gender activities.
• Serve as Technical Adviser-Advocacy & Gender for the Empowerment for life
• Programme (E4L) by developing the technical area of expertise involving context monitoring to follow and utilise developments for adjustment of strategies, advocacy plans, cooperation and networking opportunities
• Perform any other duties that the Programme Manager, Technical committee of SfL, SfL Committee In Denmark or the Programme Manager of the E4L Programme will assign.
• Act as Programme Manager (PM) In the absence of the PM, the Deputy Manager- Operations and the Deputy Manager-Finance & Administration.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Education or Development Studies or any relevant field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Substantial and proven experience, including at least five years of post qualification experience at senior level in civil society organization(s)
• Understanding of education on gender policy environment
• Excellent communication skills and experience in community mobilisation.
• Good Interpersonal skills, ability to be both a team leader and a team player and to work with people of varied background.
• Proficiency In computer applications.
• Proven track record of delivery and leading the implementation of advocacy & gender initiatives.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit application letters. curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, addresses of three referees and applicants’ contact numbers to:
The Programme Manager
School for Life
P. O. Box 787
Closing Date: 10 February, 2017