Posted on :
13 Nov, 2013
13 Nov, 2013
School for Life (SfL) works to strengthen civil society’s role in improving access to relevant quality basic education by functioning as a lead organisation in delivery, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana.
The programme is aimed at giving out-of-school children beyond school starting age an opportunity to attain basic literacy and numeracy in their mother longue. School for Life has since expanded upon its role in service delivery to advocate for changes to educational policy to ensure access to relevant quality basic education to promote and guide the implementation of the Complementary Basic Education (CBE) policy by the Government of Ghana, and to demonstrate and promote the CBE model
School for Life (SfL) is looking for an energetic individual for the position of Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant works to the Programme Manager under the direct supervision of the Secretary and ultimately responsible to the Deputy Manager-Finance and Administration. He/she will perform administrative functions and assist in the efficient operation of the Organisation. He/she should be able to assist the Secretary and to act in the absence of the Secretary.
Competencies of the Administrative Assistant include:
• Maintain the front desk, receive, and sort all incoming and outgoing correspondence; Arrange for the distribution of external and internal mails; process and file correspondence appropriately.
• Schedule appointments, meetings, rooms, equipment, and catering. Confirm attendance and make appropriate arrangements prior to meetings/events. Utilise judgment and be able to set priorities, organize appointments/meetings and keep Management informed.
• Perform administrative duties at meetings as assigned. Prepare agendas, distribute correspondence, record and transcribe minutes, secure necessary signatures, and maintain permanent minutes books.
• Serve as liaison for assigned areas. Take accurate messages, distribute messages, and follow-up as appropriate.
• Maintain confidentiality of all records and issues handled in the assigned areas.
• Make travel arrangements, including workshops/seminar reservations, hotel accommodation, flight arrangements, car rental, etc.
• Be proficient in computer software programmes in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and other programmes as needed.
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND Graduate or an advanced education from college, business, or vocational school with at least three (3) years relevant work experience.
How To Apply For The Job
Application with Curriculum vitae (CV) should be addressed to:
The Programme Manager
School for Life
P. O. Box 787
Closing Date: 20 November, 2013