Posted on :
9 Jul, 2020
9 Jul, 2020
To provide leadership in managing and directing the Commission’s communications and international relations by designing plans and implementing strategies that foster or enhance good relations with all stakeholders within and outside Ghana including capital market regulators in other jurisdictions and International Organisations to achieve the objectives of the Commission.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Communications and External Affairs
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Identify the communication needs of the Commission and promote communication flow within and outside the Commission.
• Design and implement annual communication plans and strategies for the Commission.
• Serve as the Commission’s spokesperson.
• Undertake activities that will improve upon the image and reputation of the Commission
• Conduct feedback, media, and public opinion based research on the Commission and proffer appropriate recommendations for corrective action.
• Manage the content of the website and all other social media handles of the Commission.
• Design, edit, and update promotional and investor educational materials, publications, brochures, videos, social media posts.
• Prepare press releases and keynote addresses for the
• Coordinate, prepare, and review speeches/presentations of the Director-General and other Executive Management members.
• Build positive relations with key stakeholders including the media, investor community, the relevant government agencies, and licensed capital market operators.
• Strengthen relations with the Commission’s partners and other regulators within and outside the country
• Review and monitor the implementation of executed bilateral/multilateral MOUs.
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports on all External Affairs activities.
• Manage the team to achieve the mandate of the Commission; preparation of work plans, target setting, and conducting performance reviews.
• Supervise the implementation of an annual international relations plan for the Commission.
• Prepare a budget for the unit and ensure adherence etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational, Professional Qualification, and Experience:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, International Relations, Economics, Finance, or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
• Must be a member of a relevant professional body such as CIMG, CIMU, GJA, and be in good standing.
• A minimum of 12 years post Bachelor’s degree relevant work experience, 4 of which must be a similar position in a reputable organisation.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent research, analytical, and marketing skills.
• Strong negotiation and lobbying skills.
• Strong marketing and promotion techniques.
• Project and event management skills.
• Knowledge and experience in securities market operations.
• Creative, innovative, and good business acumen.
• Excellent, planning, and organisational skills.
• Good leadership, management, and networking skills.
• Strategic decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Good team leader, player, and team-building skills.
• Ability to inspire and motivate people.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong ethical and professional skills.
• IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)