Posted on :
13 Jul, 2021
13 Jul, 2021
To facilitate communications and media relations, engage in building trust and cultivate positive relations with the SEC’s stakeholders including the media, create responses to reduce or eliminate unfavourable publicity and drive favourable positioning for the SEC, also establish and maintain cooperative relations with local and international relations.
Job Title: Manager, Communications (Media & Public Relations)
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Carry out all internal and external communications for the SEC, under the supervision of the Unit Head, ensuring its message is consistent and engaging.
• Undertake email communications for the SEC based on Communications plans and Projects.
• Preparing and developing high-quality communications outputs as required including press releases, public notices, newsletters, presentations, preparing detailed media reports, and other marketing materials.
• Work with the Communications team to identify content opportunities and produce the relevant materials.
• Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build positive stakeholder engagement and enhance the image and reputation of the SEC.
• Prepare detailed media activity reports.
• Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials.
• Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
• Create communication and marketing strategies for events, activities, and initiatives in line with the SEC’s roadmap and Unit’s work plan.
• Supervise communications projects and initiatives to guarantee all content is delivered has a high-quality output and executed within agreed timelines.
• Support the Marketing & Communications team in all aspects of the team’s work as required.
• Develop public relations strategies aimed at enhancing the SEC’s image.
• Manage content team to produce relevant, compelling social media updates aimed at enhancing investor education and meeting other goals.
• Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials.
• Maintain excellent relationships with the media.
• Analyze media coverage; develop responses when needed.
• Organize promotional events, press conferences, tours, visits, and exhibitions.
• Create and manage Public Relations (PR) budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules.
• Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual media activity reports to the Unit Head, etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Communications, Marketing with Public Relations or Advertising concentration, Psychology, Sociology or any other relevant field from an accredited tertiary institution.
• Professional qualification such as CIMGH, CIMUK, IPRG or any other relevant professional body and in good standing is an advantage.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is a must.
• A minimum of nine (9) years post-bachelor’s degree relevant work experience, two (2) of which must be in a similar position in a reputable organization.
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships.
• Have superior research and report writing skills.
• Be proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with great attention to details.
• Ability to keep confidential information.
• Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
• Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours.
• Must be very innovative and creative.
• Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
• Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Must possess excellent planning skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent time management skills including prioritising of activities.
• Ability to influence colleagues to work towards achieving the department’s objectives.
• Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Hardworking and desire to learn.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong ethical and professional skills etc.