Posted on :
5 Dec, 2016
5 Dec, 2016
SEND GHANA is the oldest of the three affiliate national NGOs (i.e. SEND-Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone) establishedby the Social Enterprise Development of Foundation of West Africa ( SEND West Africa). SEND West Africa was founded in Ghana in August, 1998 to promote livelihood security, equality of women and men and accountable and transparent governance. The target groups of SEND’s programs are mostly women, youth and farmers in conflict prone ,resource poor and difficult to reach communities in each country.
Job Title: Finance And Operations Director
The Finance and Operations Director will be responsible for all aspects of project administrative and financial management. The Finance and Operations Director will establish and maintain sound financial management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with USAID and SEND GHANA’s procedures, rules and regulations.
• Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, procurement, accounting, and logistics.
• Develop and maintain sound and transparent accounting and financial management control systems for financial, sub award and operations aspects of project.
• Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters;
• Manages annual budgeting process and provides budget support and training for project staff.
• Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
• Produce regular financial reports and management accounts and submit same to the Country Director.
• Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with SEND GHANA’s policies and USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, as well as and the laws of the Republic of Ghana.
• Assist to develop programme and project budgets and monitor and review adherence to such budgets.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
• Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
• Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
• Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID through the Chief of Party.
• Manage project procurement processes.
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
• Professional qualifications; CA, ACCA or CPA
• At least 7 years of overall professional experience in operations and financial management of large- scale, complex, international programs, including experience in managing donor funded subcontracts/grants.
• Experience in similar position with a Non-Governmental Organization is preferred.
• Must be familiar with USG rules and regulations, financial reporting and compliance management.
• Should have a proven track record in grant management.
• Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large and complex budgets.
• Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles
• Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
• Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies;
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
• Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English
• Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of professionals and organizations.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter to the HR Manager, A 28 Regimanuel Estates, Nungua Barrier, Sakumono, Accra
or through email:
[email protected]. The subject of the email should be “Finance and Operations Director”
Closing Date: 16 December, 2016
SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply