Posted on :
22 Dec, 2017
22 Dec, 2017
SEND GHANA is the oldest of the three affiliate national NGOs (i.e. SEND-Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone) established by the Social Enterprise Development of Foundation of West Africa ( SEND West Africa). SEND West Africa was founded in Ghana in August, 1998 to promote livelihood security,
equality of women and men and accountable and transparent governance. The target groups of SEND’s programs are mostly women, youth and farmers in conflict prone , resource poor and difficult to reach communities in each country.
Job Title: Deputy Country Director
SEND GHANA is an affiliate of SEND West Africa. Established in 1998, the organisation has evolved into a reputable and credible national Non Governmental Organisation with specialty in Policy Research and Advocacy; and Service delivery through the promotion of livelihoods security. In
keeping pace with current developments and in the bid to accomplish its strategic vision, the organisation is seeking to attract highly motivated and passionate professionals to augment its existing work force.
JOB TITLE: Deputy Country Director
REPORTING TO: Country Director
The Deputy Country Director will coordinate all policy advocacy programme activities and support the country director for the management of the organization.
DUTIES, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Shall be responsible for the management and coordination of programmes and projects of the organisation
• Support the Country Director in the Management of the organisation
• Develop proposals for sourcing funding for programmes and projects.
• Supervise and receive reports from relevant programme and project staff.
• Shall regularly monitor and evaluate all programmes and projects and report thereon.
• Ensure that ALL requirements of each programme or project are adhered to.
• Provide overall coordination and supervision of all research activities
• Coordinate publication of SEND’s Newsletters
• Coordinate the preparation of work plan and narrative reports on all advocacy activities
• Provide management and monitoring support to programme and project officers
• Provide mentoring and coaching to programme staff
• Represent the GELAP team at Senior Management Team (SMT) & PMT meetings
• Prepare and submit such reports as may be requested by the Country Director
• Coordinate the preparation of all programme and project reports requested by donors and other organizations.
Financial Management and accountability
• Ensure compliance with all donor and partner agreements
• Be signatory to all national bank accounts
• Make sure that reports are made to head office/partners in a timely manner
• Review and approve all budgets for programmes
• Liaise with the Finance Manager in the preparing of programme and project budgets and financial reports required for any purpose.
• Ensure that all staff adhere to tenets of the financial management manual
• Prepare annual performance appraisal for staff under your supervision
• Ensure staff adhere to tenets of the HR Manual
• Participate in any interview recruiting Field staff
• Appoint persons to be responsible for each programme or project
• Ensure that staff adhere to gender mainstreaming policy
• Ensure monitoring and reporting of the implementation of the gender policy
• Facilitate gender audit every two years
• Representative of SEND in the region/ specialization of work
• May from time to time represent national affiliates within and outside the country
• Participate in national activities organized by affiliates
• Ensure SEND’s accountability to project principals
• Ensure compliance with procurement guidelines
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Master’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Development Studies, Development Management, Public Policy, and Social Sciences .
• Minimum of 7 years’ work experience, at least three (3) years in a similar position.
• Proven track record in programme management, social research, budget analysis, advocacy and communication.
• Program management and coordination
• Policy and Budget Research
• Programme and proposal development and fund raising
• Partnership development and management
• Representational and communication
• Public advocacy
• Financial management and multi-donor budget
• Teaming, mentoring and coaching
• Good understanding of National and international civil Society sector
• Multi stakeholder programming, reporting and management
• Ability to work in multicultural environment
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit CV, cover letter and a summary of a written sample/research report not exceeding 10 pages to: the HR Manager, A 28 Regimanuel Estates, Nungua Barrier, Sakumono, Accra Email: [email protected]
Kindly use the title of the position as the subject line. Closing Date: 15 January, 2018 SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women and persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply