SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, fixed data, mobility and government We are a team of people from around the world working together to make a significant difference in the world.
As a part of the SES Networks team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision to bring differentiated networks and services to our customers, and grow our business with exciting customers, and become the world’s leading provider of global, satellite-enabled, data communications services. SES Networks—the only network provider with a multi-band, multi-orbit infrastructure—delivers end to end managed networking solutions through the company’s robust global services capability, providing maximum value to customers across industries and geographies.
Job Title: Sales Manager Africa
Role Description Summary
The Sales Director Africa is responsible for identifying, developing, closing and managing business opportunities within the designated African region.
The incumbent will be responsible for meeting aggressive sales targets, sales objectives and revenue targets in the respective target market.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing sales strategies and for executing these. Also required to identify sales opportunities related to SES Networks services within existing and new customers, as well as to develop sales strategies that are applicable to a diverse set of customers and their broad range of satellite based business applications. Must have the ability to directly influence and close major deals with regional leading telecom operators, mobile operators, ISPs and government entities.
The key market / vertical focus will be to sell to telecom operators, mobile operators and ISPs within the designated African region.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and account planning for customers in the assigned region.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, closing and managing new business opportunities in designated region
- Play a key role in constructing ‘go-to-market’ strategies in the satellite sector with demonstrable experience of direct and indirect selling
- Understand the value of ‘complex sales’ and be able to sell across every level to a diverse customer base
- Lead generation and identifying new opportunities
- Identify new areas of business and develop targeted sales solutions for exploiting the opportunities for further development
- Identify customer requirements and act as a point of contact for existing and potential customers within respective area of responsibility
- Grow the SES share of wallet with key strategic accounts in accordance with set revenue objectives
- Develop responses in RFIs, RFPs and RFQs and engage with customers accordingly
- Share timely feedback with potential customers proactively on day to day engagements
- Participate in regional marketing events and networking events geared towards lead generation
- Negotiate and close capacity and service contracts with prospect and accounts at senior level
- Coordinate, as appropriate, with internal stakeholders and other functions of the organization the support needed to close and develop the assigned strategic accounts
- Market trends
- Provide market and field feedback on product, service, solutions in line with the changing market trends.
- Participate in product and marketing internal reviews
- Understand the market trends and advise the business to adapt solutions accordingly.
- Strong relationship building and account management for complex sales
- Maintain and update the company CRM (Salesforce / SAP) with a high degree of accuracy and frequency
- Regular reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis and on travel and country visits
- Possess and develop a high level network of executives within the targeted sector and have good knowledge of regional market and industry trends, and competitors
- Account management and customer enablement engagement with the customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
- Strategic hunter
- Able to work under pressure, in a fast pace environment
- Must be willing to travel frequently, minimum 50% of the time
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience selling complex satellite services to telecom carriers, mobile operators, ISPs and government entities.
- Exceeding sales goals, closing skills, territory management, prospecting skills, negotiation, presentation skills, client relationships
- Must have high level contacts within targeted telecom and mobile operators and service providers in Africa
- Language skills: English, French (advantageous)
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.