SGS is a social enterprise that provides socially relevant ICT for development services and products that address the development needs of citizens.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn these into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging existing and new networks.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Design and execute sales campaigns
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present findings to senior management.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with other staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
Required Skills or Experience
- A thorough knowledge of the ICT for Development market (with focus SMS, Voice and VAS in general), the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Three to five years of previous experience in sales, management, customer service, finance, administration, or related field
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Abide by all non-compete/solicit agreements
How to Apply
Applicants should submit Letters of Motivation and CV to [email protected] no later than Tuesday
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews