Posted on :
17 Apr, 2018
17 Apr, 2018
Our Client is a strategic operator within Ghana’s energy sector, with professional values that underpin its commitment to excellence in the services provided to its local and international clients. It seeks a seasoned investment professional with a track record in business commercialization, to lead and transform selected business units of the organization into high-yielding and self-sustaining commercial entities, among other responsibilities.
Job Title: Director, Investments
The Director, investments will report to the Deputy Chief Executive (Finance), will perform key investment-related functions overall, and will primarily be responsible for:
• Reviewing the current and desired future state of the organization’s strategic business units, assessing their potential & viability, examining contextual trends & scenarios, and utilizing the information to develop strategies for maximizing their investment potential.
• Developing Value-for-Money propositions, and establishing and justifying proposals for commercialization, renewal and restructuring of the strategic business units.
• Leading and steering the conversion of the business units into viable commercial entities, as per the Board-approved proposals.
• Sensitizing and orienting stakeholders on the changes and other transitional matters.
• Setting appropriate financial & operational policies and performance criteria, and monitoring the reformed entities towards sustained profitability and market competitiveness.
• Supporting the businesses to conceptualize and pursue new commercial initiatives to enhance their revenue-generation base.
• Seeking strategic investors and investigating alternative funding mechanisms for developing facilities, infrastructure and service offerings, towards increasing value.
• Performing other associated responsibilities.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Director, Investments will be a seasoned professional with the following credentials:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
• An Advanced Degree in an analytical field, or an MBA would be an added advantage.
• Fifteen (15) years post-graduation experience, with at least five (5) years at Manager level.
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the Finance and Investment industry, with hands-on experience across diverse business portfolios. Some international exposure useful.
• Proven familiarity with investment policy formulation, development, implementation, tracking and reporting.
• Must have process re-engineering competencies, and ability to manage and lead strategic change.
• Strong analytical, supervisory, and interpersonal communication skills are imperative.
• Ability to write detailed and convincing reports and make high- level presentations.
• ICT competency and proficiency with automated resources.
• Ability to work under pressure and long hours, among others
How to Apply
If you qualify for the role above, please apply with your CV & Cover Letter with contact details by 23rd April 2018 to: The Search Consultant, Tracie Annan By email to:[email protected] or by hand to: ShawbellConsulting Limited, 9, Klottey Crescent, Ring Road East, North Labone, Accra Closing Date: 23 April, 2018