Posted on :
29 Aug, 2019
29 Aug, 2019
A key government ministry formulating, steering and monitoring the implementation of national development policies that impact all sectors of the economy while maintaining a strong global focus.
Job Title: Director, Legal Division
This top-level position requires a mature, strategic thinker with superior legal competencies and an exemplary track record in the practice of law in Ghana and/or abroad. Reporting to the Chief Director, the Director, Legal Division will serve as the prime legal authority in-house, and will, among other responsibilities:
• Advise the Minister and the Ministry as a whole, on legal matters.
• Represent the Ministry in Ghana and internationally, on a diversity of high-level legal and business transactions.
• Spearhead a mission-critical team of several lawyers and other staff of the Legal Division to perform and deliver on its important mandates.
Qualification Required & Experience
For this extraordinary career opportunity, the Ministry seeks:
• An eminently-qualified lawyer who is admitted to practice at the Ghana Bar.
• No less than twelve (12) years of broad and deep professional legal experience, and the level of business savvy, commercial acumen and all-round dynamism required to measure up to the functional complexity of the job.
• A post-graduate business qualification, or an LLM from a recognized institution, is desired.
• Strong leadership qualities and the degree of credibility, gravitas, and exposure necessary to interface confidently and successfully with statesmen and other officials within Government and other public agencies, and also with key private sector and international bodies.
• Hands-on knowledge of ICT applications that help to facilitate business.
A Seasoned Ghana-Bar qualified lawyer with mixed skills and competencies in:
• Public/Private sector practices
• Public Policy and Business Law
• Negotiating and Drafting Agreements
• Finance and Economics
• International Business and Development
• Management, Leadership and Team Building.
How to Apply
If you can demonstrate that you possess all the above competencies and more, and wish to transition into a serious professional role that will crown your legal career, then this might be the right career move for you. Submit your application and detailed CV by email to:[email protected] or by hand to the attention of The Search DirectorShawbellConsulting Limited, No 9, Klottey Crescent, Ring Road East, North Labone, Accra, Ghana
Closing Date: 09 September, 2019