Our Client is a critical operator within Ghana’s energy sector which is committed to excellence in the delivery of services to its local and international clients. It currently seeks a high-calibre professional to spearhead the organization’s Management Information Systems (MIS) function, to provide strategic thought-leadership in MIS decision-making, as well as to ensure that the organization’s information & technology systems operate at optimum level.
Job Title: Director, MIS
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive (Finance), the Director, MIS will:
- Establish the appropriate ICT Policies that ensure that best practices in Data, Computing Devices and Management Methods are implemented and maintained throughout the organization.
- Develop ICT Strategies and Action Plans to support the organization’s operations and help achieve its business goals.
- Keep abreast with contextual trends & developments in Information Systems and associated technologies, towards maintaining efficient, effective and robust management information systems across the organization nationwide.
- Consistently review systems infrastructure, procedures and practices across the entire organization and advise Management on any necessary enhancements.
- Sensitize and orient stakeholders on matters relating to MIS and champion IS/IT utilization in all business units to help increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of computing and network services, website management and enterprise applications in an innovative and business-oriented manner, and deliver support services for users.
- Oversee the acquisition, development, deployment, operations, and maintenance of workstations, minicomputers, systems software, networking, voice & data communications, and multi-user office automation resources and facilities.
- Manage archival records in accordance with statutory practices.
- Perform other associated responsibilities.
Required Skills or Experience
The Director, MIS will be a seasoned professional who can demonstrate mastery of the subject-matter and present the following credentials:
- Strong Bachelor’s degree in a related science or technical discipline, in addition to a professional qualification in IT or Systems Management.
- An Advanced Degree in Management Information Systems or in a comparable analytical field, might serve a candidate well.
- Fifteen (15) years post-graduation experience in MIS-related work, with at least five (5) years at senior management level, playing a strategic management role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of information systems and technologies. Hands-on experience in managing the development, application, integration and delivery of required IT/IS solutions. Some international exposure useful.
- Proven familiarity with ICT policy formulation, development, implementation, tracking and reporting.
- Must have leadership competencies, an excellent track record of building teams, along with an ability to manage and lead strategic change and provide innovative solutions.
- Strong analytical, customer support, interpersonal and communication skills are imperative.
- Ability to write detailed and convincing reports and make high-level presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours, among others.
How to Apply
If you qualify for the role above and can stand up to a rigorous interview and the required reference checks, please apply with your CV & Cover Letter with contact details by 20th November 2018 to: The Search Consultant, Tracie Annan; By email to: [email protected]: or by hand to: ShawbellConsulting Limited, 9, Klottey Crescent, Ring Road East, North Labone, Accra, Ghana.