Sightsavers International’s vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We work with partners in 34 countries across Africa and Asia to make this a reality.
Overall purpose and responsibilities:
The Finance & Support Services Manager (FSSM) will under the direction of the Country Director oversee/supervise the development, co-ordination and management of Finance, Administration and other Support Services in the Ghana Office.
- She/he will have responsibility for the overall financial management of Ghana programmes and project through the implementation of the organisational Financial Framework including Financial Planning, Budgeting and forecasting, and grant management.
- She/he will also be responsible for financial monitoring & audits as well as retention of financial records while ensuring Sightsavers’ compliance to local regulations and governance requirements
- The FSSM will also have responsibility for Administration and Support Services including the implementation of organizational administrative policies and procedures, payroll, logistics management, supplies and purchases as per procurement policy and procedures and the management of assets.
- She/he will support the management of Sightsavers programmes and projects in Ghana by providing support towards the strengthening of financial management, accountability and capacities of Sightsavers partners in accordance with the Sightsavers Programme Partnerships Policy, and ensure proper financial monitoring of projects and the auditing of funds provided.
Location of the Position: The post holder will be based in Accra, with frequent travels in-country, to project sites
Required Skills or Experience
- This role has a challenging scope and requires substantial experience in financial management, programme & project management, administration and working in partnerships with governmental agencies and civil society organizations.
- You will possess a relevant professional accounting qualification or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with minimum of 5 years working experience, ideally in an INGO environment
How To Apply
Completed application forms must be emailed to: [email protected]
Closing 10 Nov, 2011