SNC-Lavalin Group has an exciting opportunity for Occupational Health Nurse to join our unique and elite multinational team. By demonstrating excellent assessment skills, extensive clinical knowledge, and an understanding of professional, community, and corporate resources, SNC-Lavalin Corporate Health Nurses help employees better understand their health needs, make informed decisions, and take the appropriate actions. Through the delivery of professional nursing care, SNC-Lavalin nurses have the opportunity to develop trusted relationships with employees as well as other key stakeholders in the firm including Health Services personnel, business managers, human resources colleagues, area physicians, and local hospitals. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. We continually recruit talented and highly passionate multinational employees in our integrated network of offices serving the global market sectors of Mining & Industry, Oil and Gas, Property & Buildings, Infrastructure and Power sectors. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in construction, oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer highly lucrative salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience along with family friendly policies. ‘Our people’ is our strength which comprise a group of distinctive professionals who share a passion for problem solving and who embrace the values which have sustained the company since its inception with Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. We also attach residential Accommodations to our International employees and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Interested applicants should kindly forward their recent CV and cover letter through SNC-Lavalin’s career email or job apply button displayed below.
Job Title: Occupational Health Nurse
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, treat and advise employees with minor to life threatening injuries including emergency response, perform medical surveillance/physicals to detect health-related problems and perform case management of both occupational and non-occupational injuries/illnesses;
- Document accurate medical records to ensure compliance with OSHA and Government regulations and perform duties in accordance with site quality and safety systems;
- Assessment and treatment of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses;
- Be responsible for coordinating the physical exam program, conducting physicals and conducting periodic/ pre-employment screenings by performing tests that may facilitate early detection of health-related problems and appropriate job placement of employees;
- Assist with case management and tracking of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses (Worker’s Compensation and short-term disability cases);
- Be responsible for maintaining proper inventory of medication and supplies;
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining site medical services programs and procedures to meet Corporate Medical Guidelines and OSHA/DOT regulations;
- Provide medical expertise on raw materials, intermediates and products to contractors, hospitals, medical clinics and physicians during emergency situations on • treatment inquiries;
- Serve as main contact for labs and various vendors for ordering supplies and gathering information related to health programs and/or services;
- Assist in AED, CPR/First Aid and BLS certification classes to staff upon request;
- Assist and implement training for emergency responders on specific chemicals, cardiology, pharmacology and other topics as suggested by responders.
Key Competencies, Skills and Requirements:
- Graduate from accredited nursing program, BSN preferred but not necessary.
- General Nursing or Occupational health experience (minimum of 3 years).
- Unencumbered license to practice as a Nursing professional.
- Willing and able to obtain certification in Audiometry, Spirometry, Drug and Alcohol testing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and oral communication skills;
- Highly organized and self-motivated;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Ability to make independent nursing judgments where appropriate;
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt working style and work in fast-paced corporate environment;
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to appropriately escalate concerns to supervisors/ regional managers.
- Applicants with +5yrs work experience on this field can be considered.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover letter immediately via: [email protected]