Posted on :
18 Jul, 2016
18 Jul, 2016
SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organisation that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation & hygiene.
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
• The Finance Manager will ensure thatt all financial data and reporting are within the corporate financial guidelines and directions, donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations aimed at a complete and up-to-date insight on the (financial) performance of the country and projects.
• He/She will be responsible for developing the Corporate Finance strategy, translating the Finance strategy and principles to own country to more detailed approach, identifies and acts on bottlenecks.
• As a member of Country Management Team contributes to the development of the strategy of the country, understands impact of policy changes on Finance strategy, acts as financial sparring partner in management, and advises the management team on financial matters.
• Sets and ensures implementation of procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration of offices and carries out, optimises and oversees the financial accounting within the country.
• Finance Strategy for country and projects: Contribute to the formulation of the Financial and Accounting strategy of the country. translate business requirements in Finance functional requirements for the country. balancing country interests, relevant regulation and Corporate standards and guideltnes, and develop country Finance strategy as well as contribute to development of the country strategy and management agreement.
• Management and Financial Advice: Provide Stcrategic advice on the financial management and performance indicators and related legal issues in order to support in business decisions and act as an effective business partner within the country.
• Financial Planning and Control Cycle: Prepare and communicate on budgets, formulate, communicate and monitor procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration for the offices. within the guidelines of the Corporate controllor and corporate standards. Also contributes to the development and finalisation of all project budgets.
• Financial Administration and Accounting: Consolidate financial data for the country funds, ensure processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable, Tax related requirements carry out reconciliation of administrations, manage the ledger accounts as well as manage and maintain cash and liquidity levels, aligned to financial regulations. SNV financial standards and guidelines of the Corporate Controller, and ensure relevant registration and documentation and archiving.
• Management Reporting: Collect, review and analyse and interpret (trends in) financial and non-financial data, draft financial and administrative reports on country/office/fund/donor financial and non-financial indicators, using the corporate/project reporting formats and within guidelines of the Corporate controller.
• Management Of Team: Develop and innovate work methods and procedures, manage budget and lead and/or participate in relevant projects as well as organise, recruit, develop and motivate staff of own team.
• Internal Control: Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas and implement measures to minimise the risk of irregularities, coordinate audits, based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with Field Finance Officers and country management team.
• Information Services: Provide financial data and analyses to relevant internal and external parties as input for further decision-making and handling as well as answer questions regarding financial administration and data, based on requests and corporate procedures as well as monitor the delivery of services within the country, based on the Service Level Agreement with other external service providers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s qualification in Finance, Accounting or related disciplines
• Five to seven years of proven relevant experience in similar positions position
• Proven reliability with regard to the management of project finances
• Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods
• Strong organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills; and strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
How To Apply For The Job
To apply eligible and interested candidates should send a recent CV to:-
Closing Date: 20 July, 2016
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted