Posted on :
7 Oct, 2021
7 Oct, 2021
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Job Title: International Project Manager
Overview of the Project
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992 and is currently implementing the Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities (GrEEn) project with funding from the European Union Emergency Trust Fund. The GrEEn project aims to create green jobs and promote green businesses to contribute to the creation of sustainable and climate resilient local economies in Ghana.
For more information, visit the website: https://snv.org/project/green-boosting-green-employment-and-enterprise-opportunities-ghana
The project is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for
an experienced International Project Manager
The position is based in Accra, Ghana.
The Project Manager is part of SNV Country Organisation. The Project Manager leads and manages the planning, implementation, of all components of the GrEEn Project, within scope, budget, timeline and acceptable quality levels along the commitments specified in the contracts signed with the donor(s) and other relevant stakeholders. The Project Manager works in line with SNV standards, SNV`s approach to project management and donor regulations, in order to achieve high quality and achieve the agreed results and deliverables of the project. He/she shall ensure that the project objectives and results are achieved with quality and to the expectation of the donor.
He/she will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of the project, including and among others, ensuring the timely and successful implementation of SNV’s work, oversight and reporting of activities, and project deliverables.
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager will include the following:
Ensure implementation of the project work plan, as per the SNV project management procedures, internal reporting, donor requirements and contract;
· Lead, manage relationships and motivate the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders, plan and assign deliverables, review their progress and address deviations
· in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set;
· Contract Management & Budget Oversight – Manage and account for administrative, finance and procurement components of the project in line with SNV and donor requirements;
· Human Resources Management & Team Leadership – Plan and manage HR workflow by forecasting personnel needs and supporting in recruitment & selection;
· Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the agreed implementation plan and results between SNV and the donor;
· Deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
· Coordinate and manage the day to day relationship with consortium partners and donors; and the proper flow of communication among all project stakeholders;
· Coordinate and management project team members;
· Ensure the production of quality technical and financial reports for internal monitoring and for external reporting to the donor;
· Ensure the project budget is depleted according to schedule;
· Ensure that project results are delivered with high quality standard;
· Protect SNV image in dealing with all external partners on the project.
Education and Experience
· Master’s Degree in Agricultural Value Chains, Development Finance, Energy, SME or Sustainable development or related field.
· Specific expertise in areas relevant to this project, such as business management, entrepreneurship and Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) management, circular economy, green economy and sustainability, will be considered an advantage.
· Have at least ten (10) years’ experiences in project management, including at least one consortium project;
· Have at least seven (7) years of work experience in the youth employment sector, youth and women entrepreneurship, Energy and Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) development;
· Have experience managing complex programs and a team of over 10 fte in 2 regions;
· Recent experience in project management funded by the European Union will be considered as an advantage.
· International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting’
· Demonstrated project management expertise and excellent knowledge of the full Project Cycle
· Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyse implementation issues
· Proven experience in managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; excellent ability to work in a team
· Solid planning, analysis and prioritization skills
· Good financial management skills related to project management
· Effective time management and very good organizational skills
· Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in contacts with third parties
· Knowledge of usual office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and regular communication channels (Internet, email, Skype)
· Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required
· Willingness to travel to all project locations within Ghana