SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in Agriculture, Energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992.
SNV has recently been awarded funding from the European Union for the implementation of a Trust Fund project, which aims to promote employment, entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate-resilient local economies in Ghana.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
SNV currently seeks a full-time Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the EU Trust Fund project. S/he will be responsible for overall monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the project.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is part of the core project team. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the key responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will include:
- Coordinate and oversee all M&E activities through the implementation of the M&E system.
- Ensure the planning, delivery, quality assurance and analysis of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) activities throughout the life-cycle of the project, including support to relevant EU and SNV evaluations.
- Ensure quantitative and qualitative data collection and implement learning from relevant PME approaches in the project.
- Capacity strengthening support to regionally based teams in PME methods, including data collection, use of the M&E system and other tools and devices and quality improvement.
- Conduct and support analysis of PME data for project and corporate reporting, learning and business development purposes.
- In consultation with the PM and other SNV PME colleagues, keep SNV’s PME policies and ways of working updated to reflect internal and external developments, trends and PME.
- A strong theoretical background in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation including both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- At least seven years of professional experience in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, in the international development sector, a consultancy firm, research institute and/or businesses, preferably with experience of working in a developing country context.
- Strong methodological knowledge and insights in current trends, (digital) innovations and use of mobile phone technology regarding Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation of international development projects.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Statistics, Public Policy. International Development, Economics, or related field.
- An advanced certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation or economics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project in Monitoring and Evaluation systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Expertise in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing Monitoring and Evaluation and/performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of most relevant data collection and impact evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method).
- Strong experience in planning and managing surveys, as well as in data quality assessments Experience with innovative digital data systems, tools and devices.
- Ability to manage and provide ongoing training to M&E field officers.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate technical M&E issues effectively, with the ability to adapt styles to the needs of different audiences.
- Strong facilitation and capacity building skills.
- Familiarity with SNV’s leading sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH.
* Women are encouraged to apply.
* Application Deadline: October 29th 2019.
* Contract Duration: 2 year initial contract
* Contract Type: National Contract
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.